Review my post-op list of must-haves, please!

I use Body Shop vanilla too, I get lots of comments. Unusually men mention it. I think it’s got something to do with food and stomachs.
 
:) think you're probably right @Gidget....I first started using it years ago when I was going into the childrens' school to help out....I thought it was a nice homely reassuring smell, like baking cakes,, and we all know men are just kids at heart :heehee:
 
Hi @ketchup
Want to wish you a peaceful weekend with family before your surgery on Monday.
I hope you have all in place for your recovery. In a mere few days you'll have surgery behind you :happydance:
We'll be here to encourage and support you on your healing journey.
Prayers for peace and comfort as you await Monday.
 
Hi @ketchup
Want to wish you a peaceful weekend with family before your surgery on Monday.
I hope you have all in place for your recovery. In a mere few days you'll have surgery behind you :happydance:
We'll be here to encourage and support you on your healing journey.
Prayers for peace and comfort as you await Monday.

Thanks, Layla! I’m .. doing okay. Trying to keep myself busy with Easter egg hunts and the typical caring for an infant and toddler routine. I still haven’t packed my hospital bag, but I’ll do that in the next couple hours.

I went ahead and decided to return the raised toilet seat w/ arms and the suction cup grab bar. I’m going with the bedside commode, as recommended. Makes so much more sense and can be used for so many different things (raised toilet seat, shower chair, support, etc.) so thank you guys!

My show time is 4am on Monday, for a 6am operation. I’m going to have to get to the bottom of this no shower for 8 days rule with the aquacell bandage and see what gives. I’ll report back if there is some legitimate explanation for the “NO EXCEPTIONS” rule, or just to share my OS’s logic. He’s so cutting edge and one of the best out there, so I’m shocked that there hasn’t been some sort of advancement in his practice to allow for use of at least a covering to shower. Just in case, I bought a pack of shower wipes that people use post-gym or while camping. I already should buy stock in dry shampoo as a working mom of two tiny kiddos, so we are all good there.

I have no idea why I am so freaking nervous. I have terrible experience with major surgery, but I feel like I should be excited and not so scared. Fx I make it through. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the other side of this whole ordeal. Thank you for all of your support and guidance these last few weeks. I know I’m am a baby in most of your eyes, so I appreciate the way you’ve taken me under your wings!
 
I’m going to have to get to the bottom of this no shower for 8 days rule with the aquacell bandage and see what gives.
For sure follow up on this. These days they use waterproof bandages post op. They ask that you don't let water hit the bandage directly but surely you can shower carefully before 8 days out.
 
Bedside commode is a better choice, you'll learn to hate it too. I was very happy to remove it from my life this week. Be sure to clear all paths ahead of time, you'll need room and no toe catchers. Be sure to cut your toe nails as it will be weeks before you touch them again.
I don't understand the shower rule, I showered right away and washed over the tape with no problems. Wasn't allowed in a bath or pool until any scab was gone which was 2 weeks.
 
Thinking of you today @ketchup and sending you prayers and hugs. I hope all goes well. First few days are a bit rough, but I found it got better quickly from there.

Good luck and see you on the other side.
 
@ketchup I think you are probably done and dusted by now. Hope to see you on the other side soon!
 
Hi @ketchup
Thinking of you and hope you're resting comfortably.
See you on the Recovery side :flwrysmile:
Sweet Dreams tonight :sleep:
 
Thinking of you...hoping pain is managed.
Healing hugs:console2:
 
Last edited:
Hi there :hi:
Hope your doing well @ketchup
Resting comfortably, icing and elevating.
Wishing you the best along with a peaceful, relaxing weekend!
 
Hey @ketchup
Sure hope you're doing okay.
First days can be rough but it turns around pretty quickly.
Hope you're resting comfortably.:ice:
Update us on the Recovery side when you're able. We'd love to follow your healing journey.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom