Unfortunately Sistersinhim I can't work short weeks indefinitely. I'm on a 6 weeks phased return so whether I like it or not, by week 7 I'll be back working full time.
If my , very lucky up to now, healing genes, do their work, I should be fine although I anticipated a certain degree of pain and ordered some prescription only pain meds when I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago just in case.
Good that you were able to get some pain meds. They are hard to come by here in the States. They should help you through those early days of full time work.
Spacing out your activities — work days, grocery shopping, etc. — is a good plan. I hope it works right away! Also see what accommodations you can make while actually at work. Can you find a way to elevate at work? Maybe ice? Even small accommodations can make a big difference in keeping your knee happy.
Unfortunately Susie it doesn't work like that for me in my job. I work in an heavy engineering manufacturing plant and the only time I get to sit is for my half hour lunch break. I suppose I'm lucky that I've got a phased return, they've only been implemented in the last 18 months. When I had my first surgery 4 years ago it was back to work full time and I really struggled with that for a couple of months. It is what it is, I'll just have to see how I go.
If anyone can do it, you can. You’ve done it before, and you’re not under any illusions about what you’re dealing with in terms of recovery. I’m just sorry you have to do it this way. In the end, we all do what we must with what we have. Stay smart, my friend!
Every other day, like you said, sounds like your best option right now. Try to do as little as you can when you’re home. Elevate your leg over night. Hopefully by the time you have to return full time your knee will agree with your employer.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.