Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

@Redsdad
Hi, I'm bilat too, today is Day 10 after surgery and I have been following/reading all the bilats I can handle. With all the diversity I feel that my experience will be somewhere in there :)
I was wondering what meds you are taking now?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I started early on trying to limit my meds. I am now nearing my 3 month mark on the 18th. I only take 5mg instant release oxycodone.i do not take it regularly. I would take one before going to pt and i take one if the pain gets bad and i have something to do that will involve a lot of getting up & down or walking. Generally thats only once or twice a week. No doubt thats why i still have soreness & stiffness but i reall dont like the potential side effects of the narcotic pain meds.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
I should add those meds work great when i really hurt. Bu when its just mild to moderate pain they leave me with a hangove feeling when they wear off. Please dont avoid the meds on my account. You need them now. Im just stubborn.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
I am at Day 10 and take 3-4x 1000mg paracetamol and 1x50mg Tramadol before bed - where were you at this early on ?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@nensi, You have really cut back on your pain meds. Are you getting enough to keep you comfortable?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nancy, I can't believe you're already on tylenol only during the day. Makes me feel like a wuss over here.
 
Back
Top Bottom