Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery Progress Stalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sara61 :flabber::yikes: You have to mind yourself with crutches once things are damp at all they turn into skis- did you throw the onion at her???
I am sure she isn’t trying to kill you:dubious:, now if it was my mother in law that would be a different matter after all I stole her precious son away!
Just remember to sleep with one eye open:mcoffee:, -could you put a bell on her so you can hear her coming - tell her it’s an English tradition for MIL:rotfl:
Ok silly stuff over, just remember you don’t want to spend Christmas in hospital, mind yourself and know we are here for you:banana-santa:
 
Ok , as you can see in my previous posts I got the Pfizer booster yesterday- it has decided to kick my :censored: ! Pain, swelling, headache and now a really high temperature, I collapsed fully clothed into my bed feeling really cold at about 2pm today and passed out till now. I have been super careful and avoided everyone and everything so I don’t think it’s Covid . I will be checking things out tomorrow just to be on the safe side. Everyone stay safe!
 
:flabber: Oh you poor thing, I have heard from several friends that the booster is giving that reaction, hopefully it is just a 24h thing and that you will recover quickly, take Paracetamol, drink plenty of warm liquids, tea with honey is good and lots of bed rest. I will be :prayer:for a quick recovery for you, please let me know how you are tomorrow xx
 
Thank you @Sara61, I am so hot right now I am sitting on top of the bed trying to cool down- I slept so long earlier I am now wide awake! It is a certainly rotten side effect- I am just glad my husband didn’t get it too, he is fine after it.
 
You probably got it because your defences are low, these tkrs take an awful lot out of us.
Tomorrow if you are not better see if you can purchase this at the chemist Oscillococcinum its a 3 day vitamin booster.
 
I got a flu like reaction with high temperature and horrible bone aches after my 2nd Pfizer and recent booster. A little less than 24 hrs after it started it was completely gone. Husband didn’t even get a sore arm!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you keep well hydrated, and look after yourself- :praying: tomorrow you will feel much better xx
 
Time for a bit of an update- today is my first day not using my single crutch, I have walked 15 minutes twice already, doing activities of daily living without the crutch, used my pedal exerciser for 5 minutes( kept reminding myself to slow down), and the usual stretches and exercises. This is the best I have done in over 5 weeks. Pain levels are receding and no buckling of the leg in over 3 weeks. Unfortunately the appetite has started to increase and I need to watch what I eat, I started out obese and don’t want to get any heavier, it should balance out as I exercise more- in a slow and steady manner:) :-) (:.
 
That is so good, Sounds like you are turning a wee corner- small steps and we go further, hope the nasty side effects have scootled off too xx
 
Just to Wish you & your husband a wonderful Nollaig shona duit :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: continuation of a good recovery, good health, happiness znd lots of love xx

Hoping all is okay, as haven't seen you online today Sending a big virtual hug :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:love Sarah xx
 
@Sara61 Feliz Natal to you and your husband :banana-santa::merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
I actually slept 6 hours in a row AND another 3 hours after that ! I feel like I have already gotten my Christmas present:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
I have spent the morning prepping the vegetables for tomorrow and finishing up a few remaining tasks.
Big virtual hug right back at you:friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That is so good to hear, a good night's sleep is priceless.
Also I seem to be sleeping better since I stopped the Tramadol, infact my last pill was at 11pm last night and I have not taken anything since, my tummy is happier for it too, this morning, I swept, did the final gift wrapping and laid the table, whilst hubby went shopping. Mil & he are now preparing the vegetables etc.
I'm rather enjoying watching from the sidelines :snork: not every year I get to be Lady in Leisure xx
 
Hi again..... I decided to go back, & saw some posts here that I missed a bit ago. I just saw about your booster shot!
I’m assuming you are much better now. I generally have bad reactions to vaccines, & the 2nd Covid & the booster followed true, both made me really sick for a couple of days, in bed. My husband? Fatigue & a sore arm. But, beats taking a chance on Covid. I haven’t been able to get my flu vaccine , my Dr didn’t have the high potency earlier, then surgeries, recovery. After my cleanout my Dr said to wait a month, & be more recovered. So this Monday, when I see my Infectious Diseases Dr, they said they can give it to me there! I’m excited, as I also have my PICC line removed then, and begin oral antibiotics. Looking forward to being able to wear my winter tops again! It’s weird how some vaccines seem to affect folks differently. Our grandson had no reaction other than a sore arm with both of his Covid shots. Our son always ran high fever &was sick,even with half doses. But at least it doesn’t seem to last long. It does sound like you were pretty sick. I’m glad you’re better. Fingers crossed this flu vaccine will be a mild one.
@ Sara61..... I do relate to your missing your daughter. Our son lives in Germany, he has been there for 20 years, he loves it there, and loves his job. Early on, we went there 2 years for Christmas, & he has been here several times. But not the past few years. We usually FaceTime over Skype, & it isgood to see him and his girlfriend. She is from Italy, & her folks live in northern Italy; they have been spending Christmas there the past few years. It is a fun visit, as we often get to see her parents also. Lots of Italian sprinkled in, & she & her parents are lovely people. But I understand your having a hard time. I was just noticing anew, ( I often get dates of surgeries mixed up unless I check) that your surgery was just Dec 7. My cleanout surgery was Nov 21, & for a bit, I was pretty sensitive & got easily upset, & blue. I’m pretty upbeat in general, but, it did happen. It passed, but. Was hard at the time. And the holidays tend to make that a little tougher. Don’t be hard on yourself. It sounds like you have a nice Christmas planned, albeit smaller than usual. Ours is much downsized, but we’re really enjoying it
I loved both your comments on the long hair! Mine is short, and since the Pandemic began, I’ve been trimming it myself. I used to do my own cuts, but several years ago found a lady who does wonderful cuts that last a long time. But, we are really basically staying in, & being super careful. And, I do decent trims on us both ( and I look Terrible in long hair, & have little patience with it!☺). But your long hair sounds fun! I just don’t wear jeans, except when I’m gardening.
Well, it is 5:30 ish pm here..... think I will read a little, & try to get that nap in. Merry Christmas,everyone . Time to a bit.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A very good morning to another Early Bird :wave: How come you are awake at this time today ?

Well Tramadol well an truly exited my body, just resorted to taking an SOS pill the surgeon recommended, not overly sure about it , but my best friend Louise whom is a nurse has assured me it is OK, ( she takes 1 most nights for shoulder pain ) my trouble is I look up everything and then discover the scary details, this particular drug has been removed from most countries worldwide except Portugal, it not the 1st time, I've been prescribed it, my family doctor has prescribed it in the past, but then I wasn't in sufficient pain, plus I had googled it too :yikes:
Anyway Paracetamol just wasn't this time sufficient enough to block out that annoying almost like someone is slowly drilling my knee feeling.
Wow just heard a huge clap of thunder, it has rained torrentially all night, not the usual sit/eat outdoor Christmas day weather at all..
Sending a big Christmas Morning Hug your way to my new Irish Bonebuddy in hopefully more ways than one xxx
 
Last edited:
@Sara61

Had a dog call nice and early- he could have called me earlier..:dogsniff:
It is pouring rain here and I can’t really blame the dog , I wouldn’t want to go outside either!
After cleaning I figured I was up anyway so I put the finishing touch to my gravy for Christmas dinner.
:dogwalk:Just had a dog prove he is smarter than me- he likes my recliner and sits in it when he gets the chance, he made a big song and dance about needing to go outside so I went to the door and as soon as I got there he turned around and ran to steal my chair, he then puts his head down and pretends he is asleep! You can’t keep up with them:doggie:
Hopefully your tablet kicks in and you get some rest. I do the exact same thing every time I or my husband get a new medication - I like to know what I am putting in my body.
Be the lady of leisure today and let people wait on you and remember to Ice, Ice, Baby.
I am just waiting on my husband to arise and make my coffee- I can do it but since the surgery he insists - it’s the little things isn’t it:roseshwr:
Merry Christmas and hopefully your day goes much easier than the night!
Feliz Natal
Xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little recap on how I got through Christmas- I overdid things, I took too much responsibility for cooking Christmas dinner which led to me standing for too long, I was overly optimistic on how much I could handle, I tried the bad option of ignoring my knee and I ate too much!
The price I paid was aches and pains, in particular in my ankles, knee nerve pain, excessive heat in my legs, sleeplessness and just an all round feeling of being miserable- sometimes the price is worth it, sometimes it’s not. Would I do it the same again, I hope not!
Even while knowing the correct behaviours to ensure a good recovery it is hard to have patience and to put it into practice. You will slip up and overdue things like me but don’t beat yourself up over it, just acknowledge what happened and do your best to take care of yourself better for the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom