Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery Progress Stalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sore arm for a day was my Booster side effect. No problem.
We had some interesting news today. My husband got an NHS email saying he will get a PCR test kit through the post and should he get symptoms, he is to take the test and if positive, there are two types of medication, he can take which should help mitigate any symptoms. He qualifies under two categories, the cancer treatment and his MS. The medical research world is indeed, marvellous.

Name change? No. I'll keep it to remind me how utterly scared I was. Beyond scared. :) I can look back and smile now but oh boy, I cannot emphasise how scared I was.

I do hope we don't have an early morning chat tomorrow, not that I don't appreciate the company but...I just want some sleep and yes, I know I have sleeping tablets but they are so not me!

Sleep well all.
x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Scaredycat10 That is wonderful that the NHS is following up and keeping you and your husband informed- I totally agree with you that science is marvellous.
I do hope you sleep soundly and well.
See you tomorrow :flwrysmile:
 
@Catalien45

The first five lines of your comment to me, could have been written, by me. Then blow me down, I decide to bite the bullet and my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily I could pick my operation date and timed it for after my husband's treatment had finished and luckily again, it's all gone rather smooth

There's always something to keep us on our toes isn't there! Luckily again, it's all gone rather smoothly apart from the pain behind my knee which is stopping the bend further than c.100 flex. Onwards and upwards. :)
 
For the 1st time in two weeks I wasn't awake long enough to chat to anyone on BoneSmart in the wee hours of the morning - progress - so here's a "Maidin mhaith " to you xx

I was fortunate to get my booster prior to my surgery, my best friend is a nurse within our local health system so as she wanted me protected, she managed to pull a few strings and I was given the Moderna 10 days before surgery my initial vaccine was the J&J with no side effects whatsoever, however the Moderna left me with an extremely painful log arm, which I had trouble moving for 48 hours but absolutely fine after.

However like you, it was jolly cold, the vaccine center was like an ice box and on that particular day only 2 receptionists and 2 nurses on duty, I waited 4 hours, not so bad for me as I went well prepared in a Winters coat, but my heart went out to the 70+ year olds whom also sat in the cold that long as you said a cause for pneumonia.

Like you, I'm avoiding contact with people, cases worldwide are on a rapid increase, our lives have certainly changed in the last 2 years.
 
@Sara61
Good morning to you too!
It is wonderful you slept well:sleep:
Definitely have swollen leg and this morning my arm feels like someone was punching it all night but I would still go through with it . It will be fine tomorrow. I got Pfizer on all 3 shots , no side effects the first two times, just a painless rash on my legs. This time I definitely know I had it!
Take care and have a good day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Weather is still not good, we are used to the warmth not these cold damp rainy days, I'm certainly feeling it, not so much in my knee but thigh & shin are more painful today.
Wishing you a better day today too xxx
 
Oh I was awake. 4am to be precise. No one else was so I read. In true Pollyanna style though, I was quite glad as I hit M&S at 6.15 this morning [didn't want to be a saddoe who joined a 6am food shop queue at that time waiting to get in :loll:].
I am a rather satisfied Boner. My Christmas lunch shopping is done. Lunch for eight of us is all sorted!
Smug or what!!!

The only difference from previous pre Covid years is, the number is down and I will accept help in the kitchen! :)
 
@Scaredycat10 - crikey M&S opens that early ? Here the supermarkets only open at 8am and clothes shops from 10am.
This year we are only 3 plus my daschund- possibly one or two friends that are on their own may join us, however pre-covid years, when we celebrated the 24th ( Portuguese style we were approx 25+ ) and Christmas day 14, so a huge difference.
This year had, I not have had the surgery we were supposed to have gone to my sisters house in Salisbury, my brother & other sister are there already, so I feel a little sad especially as my daughter is stuck in the UK too.
 
@Scaredycat10 , I had been on until about 3.30am, sleep finally caught up with me. :sleep:
I am so jealous of your shopping expedition to M&S, they do things so beautifully. Love how they package their foods, almost magical.:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
I have all food in but as there will be only 2 of us the quantities are much smaller- still having the turkey breast and baked ham . The best part is not having to cook again for a few days and living on leftovers- they seem to get even tastier!
Take all the offers of help you get!
 
@Sara61

Christmas opening times. 6am 'til midnight this week. The Food Hall [one of the biggest in the country] was busy and here's silly me thinking it would be quiet[er] and so less chance of picking up any bugs. Triple masked, one crutch on my waggon and I navigated the hoards. Goodness knows [well I do in reality] what it will be like later on. Utter madness. As for the next three days...utter UTTER madness!
 
Trouble is, I'm a bit of a control freak in MY kitchen. It's going to be difficult to accept help but the sheer logistics of carrying food onto the table means I will have to bite my tongue. Hard! Well not too hard as I do want to eat! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sara61
Just remember its only for this year - :fingersx: next year should be so much better. You can either zoom or use another app so you feel a little closer to them on the day.:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
Make the best of this year, take every bit of help you get offered and don’t forget to R.I.C.E.
When it gets to be too much you know we are always here for you. :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
Trouble is, I'm a bit of a control freak in MY kitchen. It's going to be difficult to accept help but the sheer logistics of carrying food onto the table means I will have to bite my tongue. Hard! Well not too hard as I do want to eat! :)
I know what you mean about being a control freak in MY kitchen. We only moved into our new house 2 weeks before my op with its new kitchen and I did not have time to wizz round getting used to it before handing it totally over to hubby when I had my op and then a set back at 3 weeks (generally made worse by trying to wizz round kitchen!) There are only the two of us for Christmas and we will have goose breast and confit celeriac wedges and sprouts - no turkey in our house as neither of us likes it! I am going to take the advice that its only for this year and remember that this pandemic with its restrictions, either government imposed or self imposed, will eventually be under some level of control and we can go back to inviting people over. Take care over Christma and enjoy!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Carol Anna
Oh your dinner plans sound wonderful!:santa-dance:
Room at the table for a little one?:heehee:
Congratulations on the new house, you will have plenty of time to organise it to your satisfaction.
Take care, be safe and don't forget R.I.C.E!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Definitely going to take all your advice and will let them get on with it, although most likely I will do the cleaning up after as both my mil and hubby have an aversion to washing up and leaving things neat & tidy :heehee:.
I'm not sure I really want to zoom as I'm scared it will leave me more sadder, I'm not one for getting depressed as I am usually an extremely positive person, maybe by Friday I hopefully can shake of this feeling, I really need to for everyone's sake, I upset my daughter yesterday, as I stupidly commented that if she could travel around UK & spend Xmas with her boyfriends parents she could have done all the necessary tests to fly to Portugal, erratic and wrong on my part as one of the reasons she isn't coming is to protect us and deep down I know it, Needless to say she is mad at me :cry:
Hopefully going to the hairdressers this evening purely for a much needed wash & blow dry will lift my spirits xx
Sorry to be such a moap - one of those days.
 
Out of curiosity, maybe I'm being a little duh:what: but what does the C stand for, usually I would advise people to R.I M.E ( M for medicate)

Being a Forum Advisor since 2019, I've learnt alot on BoneSmart, and I know all my emotions are completely normal, that's why it is so good to have you all boosting my moral, I tend to think I should be more stronger as I dish out good advice to everyone else but fail to listen to myself, so I thank you all for your patience and friendship :roseshwr:xx
 
@Sara61 you are perfectly entitled to a good mope! And families always have arguments, wonderful joking moments and tears both happy and sad at Christmas- sure that is how you know you are alive! If everything was perfect , everyone on their best of behavior and so quiet you could hear a pin drop
- it wouldn’t feel real!
Both you and your daughter are heartbroken over not being together this year and of course we always hurt the ones we love because we know they will forgive us. It will all work out, I promise.
I am glad you are going to the hairdresser this evening, it will give you a boost. I haven’t been in about 2 years, I had long hair before Covid but now I can nearly sit on it- I wasn’t quite old enough when the hippie era was around the first time so now I am older I have learnt not to give a :censored: and am going with the long hair and the Dr. Martens!
The C stands for compress, a lot of people use compression stockings or sleeves to help with swelling- but your M for medicate makes perfect sense too.
I get a lot out of the chats myself, not feeling alone during this journey is priceless! In the morning my husband asks me who was on last night and what was being discussed, he gets informed and included as well .
Thank you for your friendship too:friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You and I have so much in common, I too have long hair ( although mine after a complete disaster last year is now shoulder length) and I too wear Dr. Martins combat boots :heehee: and when possible skinny jeans.. I think its part of not wanting to get old gracefully but retaining our youth, ( I'm one year old than you) the only reason for the hairdressers appointment is its too painful to bend down to wash my own hair & 2 weeks post surgery it's a bit :flabber: and here it's still relatively cheap at only 10€
Yep you are right about families - the Portuguese are very similar, we are very much more a close knit group than the average family from the UK, we tend to live in each others pockets and live with our hearts on our sleeves.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sara61 Boas Festas and Feliz Natal
Hope I got that right:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
Believe me when i say I do a great favour to the world by not wearing skinny jeans-There would be a strong resemblance between me and a sausage bursting out of its skin:rotfl:
We loved Portugal so much when we visited there, it felt like being at home. The people were very warm and friendly. We always say if we needed to relocate Portugal is the only place we would consider. Still things have changed so much in our lives that relocation is not on the radar at the moment but we never know what the future will bring.
 
:rotfl: I'm not far behind, infact I think my skinny Jeans days are over, so really need to rethink my wardrobe.
Just scared the living :censored:daylights of myself, MIL insisted she needs an onion ( she starts preparing lunch at 11am) as we have a basement apt beneath the house we keep all the non perishable foods down there, but to get there I need to descend a flight of stairs outdoors and its raining, I got down ok but as soon as my crutches hit the pavement they shot out from underme, thankfully my left knee kept me from falling- I swear that woman will kill me :hairpulling::gaah::snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom