THR Recovery post op 21st Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine Yeah, good idea - maybe I should. It's not as bad as it was when I posted actually, only very slightly noticeable. One thing that made me realise it may not be arthritis - it feels fine in the morning and worse at night. That's not been the usual with my arthritis symptoms anyway.
 
@Josephine Bit of a late update. Had the bone scan and there are signs of Ankylosing Sp... The pain for that isn't even noticeable so that's not really a concern for me right now. (non-operated) Right hip is still a bit niggly, only currently taking 3 ibuprofen a day (2x night, 1x morning), it's not impacting any day to day activities so it's fine for me right now.

Rheumatologist recommended starting Arcoxia 90mg and Sulfasalazine. Wondering what your thoughts might be on that?
 
@Josephine I've got the Arcoxia but I've not taken any yet. I thought with it being under control via ibuprofen I didn't want to get on any stronger NSAIDs.
 
No one, I just (wrongly?) assumed.

In your opinion would I be better of starting the Arcoxia or sticking with ibuprofen?
 
Maybe discuss it with your GP - there are different options with pain meds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom