TKR Recovery not the cake walk I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFBaySailor This not meant to be in any way sexist. But in my personal opinion women are more likely to seek out help when they are having difficulty or are scared, and I believe it is easier and more natural for women to share their feelings, insecurities and fears than it is for men.
 
Celle
Thanks, but you didn't answer my question.
Why so few men on this forum? Any ideas??

Roger

Hi Roger,
I really don't know! Roy Gardiner is a stalwart who has been here for about 2 years and referee54 , one of the moderators, is a man. Perhaps they know more about it than I do.

As a gross generalization, men may just "tough it out" while women appreciate the group support; some (like me) even hang around long after they no longer need the immediate help. I feel now that I can perhaps "give it back" and help someone else.
Caryl :flwrysmile:
 
How soon did you feel you could drive. I dread not being able to drive!
 
Two things about driving:
  • You should be off the heavy-duty, narcotic pain relievers - you don't want your judgement or reactions to be affected by a drug haze.
  • Your knee needs to have enough bend to work the pedals and enough speed of movement to hit the emergency brake in a hurry.
I think I started driving again at about 4 weeks post-op. For several days before I took the car out of the garage, I would sit in it and practice moving my feet on and off the pedals, to be sure i could do it properly.
the first time I drove, it was a short test drive, in a street with very little traffic.
 
I really don't know! Roy Gardiner is a stalwart who has been here for about 2 years and referee54 , one of the moderators, is a man.
Tim indeed is a man, but I am not a stalwart, I am a Big Girls Blouse :)
 
Tim indeed is a man, but I am not a stalwart, I am a Big Girls Blouse :)
Ah, but you are a man!! :loll: I just thought that these guys might relate better to you! It sounded as though they were overwhelmed by the numbers of females on here. :whistle:
 
Think this is why i took a few days away from the forum. It's a joy to read all the positive things people are going through and I really am happy for them. But when I get low I guess I get a little jealous and think why is this not happening for for me.
 
SFBaySailor This not meant to be in any way sexist. But in my personal opinion women are more likely to seek out help when they are having difficulty or are scared, and I believe it is easier and more natural for women to share their feelings, insecurities and fears than it is for men.

Butterfly
Thanks, that may indeed be why. It sounds reasonable to me. I'm grateful for the guys that have stuck around.

Roger
 
To expand on Butterfly's statement, Roger...from all I've read there are quite a few more females than males having TKRs.
 
To expand on Butterfly's statement, Roger...from all I've read there are quite a few more females than males having TKRs.
Not a big difference, as far as I understand. I have seen it documented, and it's 60% female, 40% male for TKR. The forum has a much larger disparity between the sexes.
It's all good, I don't mind being a minority on the forum :) I'm still searching for other sailors, though...

Roger
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom