I got my second opinion regarding the painful crunching upon extension. The consensus of the doctors is that it’s scar tissue that may have begun when I had trauma to my knee in November. Both doctors were befuddled though, one saying “it’s a head scratcher “ and the other saying “it’s weird “. I’m in the dark as to why it’s different or unique, and didn’t think to ask.
I see my original OS on Tuesday to probably decide which method to use to remove the scar tissue. Either arthroscopically or open where they can see better, yet more risk of infection. The second doctor would go conservatively with arthroscopic surgery and see if it helps. My original OS is still contemplating which is best. He’s going to also talk to a sports med doctor who does these procedures a lot, the scraping away of scar tissue.
I sort of wish they’d do the open route to visually see unencumbered by the small openings.
It’s getting slowly worse and I do need a cane. Ready for a set plan! I still feel very good about the medical team working on this. I’m optimistic but recently learned that scar tissue can return. That stinks!
I’d love to hear if anyone has gone through this and what their outcome was.
First day of February and the birds are chirping loudly here in Western North Carolina. It boosts my mood.