Guest viewing is limited

TKR Really swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 4lb ankle wt is what did me in. Today I did the stretches and rode the stationary bike for 10 min and tonight my knee is a little achy like normal after PT, nothing like it was on Monday.
 
I think you need to remember items 3 and 4 from the BoneSmart mantras
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you

- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again

:wink:
 
Hi everyone,

Just to update I am now almost 4 mos post-op and have stopped out patient PT. I am doing the bike and exercises at home since going back to work 3 wks ago. I only work 2 days a wk but I'm a PACU nurse so I'm on my feet all day pushing and pulling stretchers etc. anyway I usually come home and get my leg elevated with an anti-inflammatory and the next day I'm fine. This morning as I was coming down the stairs I had a pain on the back of my knee it felt like something was "catching", along with a feeling of ( only way to describe is tooth sensitivity when ice hits a nerve) on the lateral side of the knee, it went away but has happened a few more times throughout the day. My knee is not swollen but it has made me think maybe I was on my leg too much. Has anyone else experienced this before?
 
Oh yes! Mine started about 3 wks ago. You can look at my thread for the last 3 wks and see if it is similar but it sounds very much so. Coming down stairs and riding my bike. Once it happened when I was doing leg lifts with a weight. I am a bit ahead of you. I just saw OS because mine has not gotten better with rest. Sad to say I may need another surgery because I have rested it and it still does it if I try to ride my bike and have any kind of speed. I can do rotations but I must do them at a snails pace. He wants to recheck in 3 wks but I just don't see that making any difference at this point as he said to just do my normal activity. But I will keep praying! I pray that yours does not happen again because I am not looking forward to anymore surgery. Mine is probably a but if tissue getting caught in the implant.
 
Yes, it sounds like a piece of the synovial lining is catching in the joint, to me, anyway. I think a few days of taking it easy and resting when you are not at work is probably called for right now. I know that my synovial lining was adhered to the joint in a few places which contributed to my problem with adhesions. I would not panic, just relax a little more and cut back for a week or so to see if it makes a difference.

Tomsgirl, if you still have the catching in a week or so, you could always call your OS for an appt for him to look at it. 60 Mom, I am glad that you made the decision to see him.

Right now, my hamstrings are tight after skiing, so I have been stretching them too.
 
60's mom I just read your thread and your pain sounds exactly like what I experienced today. I've rested it for most of the day I think I'll give it a week to see if it goes away then I'll call my OS and make an appt. I'll keep you in my prayers that you don't need mother surgery too. Ski girl, too late I've already panicked! Don't you know nurses make the worst patients (lol). I hope that I can be as active as you are in a year but today has just set me back, just as I was thinking things were coming along really well. Thanks for the input thou it is reassuring to know others have gone through this too.
 
Tomsgirl, any more issues? By the way what is your flexion and do you have a high flex knee? Has your flexion increased recently right before you started having that pain?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom