Hip Infection* problem

Hello,well I have my date,I go in for surgery November 30th,gosh i hope i get better quickly its all cutting it a bit fine for Christmas! Next week Covid and blood and then we are off. All Christmas food orderd because even if I am in my PJs the wrinklys want to come for Christmas,plus my friend who is alone with her really bad Parkinsons,it will all come together i am sure,but may have to put dogs in their laundry with their new chews whilst they are here or it will be one of us going headfirst!!. I have never done it before but even ordered all veg ready done from M&S-- i wonder what the next Covid tests will bring but we shall have to bring them here they are too frail to manage alone. Hugs and lovexxx

Ssi glad you are planning on having your "wrinklys" there for Christmas.
I love that endearing term...perhaps this is more common across the pond, but not so much here.
It makes me smile and I can tell you wouldn't have it any other way.
Yes, uncertain times with this virus but I do know it is Time and sometimes the Only time we have to Have.
I know the surgery is something you would rather delay, or not deal with, altogether...but no choices, so we will be there with you with the most positive thoughts and prayers...so it can be a very good Christmas for all.

Hi @clodaghcov. Are you still going in for surgery tomorrow? Hope all your preparations have gone well and sending very best wishes.

Hi @helenium yes all packed and ready had 4 Covids this week,so in at 9am and surgery tomorrow,i am having to take more because they say minimum of 2 weeks so want to have my laptop, I am abit shaky today,wish it wasnt Christmas and Covid! Hope to be speaking to you soon.Hugsxxx

Not at all surprised you're feeling a bit shaky today :console2:, but not long to wait now and you'll be on the recovery side. I was admitted as an emergency last time, so no preparation at all. By the time I was released a month later I could have done with a removal van for all my belongings! I assume you'll not be allowed visitors, but you've certainly had plenty of practice at this to know what you need to pack. Laptop absolutely essential for updating us when you are able!

Hope all goes smoothly for you and wishing you the very best outcome.
@clodaghcov

Best Wishes! @clodaghcov
Will be thinking of you and looking forward to your first update once you’re resting comfortably. Prayers Covid never touches you and that Christmas is peaceful, relaxing a beautiful. Sending a hug and wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.
:loveshwr::friends:

Well it was a long and complicated surgery, but I have a hip, they had to make a cup from donor, nothing easy. Lots was happening 48 hrs feeling really poorly, still in ICU having blood and all sorts of other things and them making sure I understand we are not out of the woods yet. No sign of infection, clean as a whistle, so now just to go forward very slowly. I am so lucky xxxx

@clodaghcov Fingers and toes crossed for you! :fingersx::fingersx::fingersx: Hang in there - the first few days can be tough. Get that pain managed and rest as much as you can.

Great news @clodaghcov, a hip at last and no infection. Hope you start to feel a lot better very soon. :loveshwr:

Good to hear from you dear, @clodaghcov
I hope they keep your pain well managed so you’re able to get the rest you need. Wishing you peace and comfort as you begin to heal. Please stay in touch. We’re rooting for you!

Oh my stars... You slipped off and got that new hip while I wasn't looking.:unsure:
So glad no infection found.:yes!:
Sending lots of healing hugs and hope that all are being good to you.:console2:

Hello @clodaghcov
I hope you’re feeling better than you were a couple days ago. I know you understand all too well the challenges of early recovery, especially a revision. I hope the pain decreases and only good news comes your way. We’re all cheering for you!
Hugs.:friends:

Thank you Layla, no pain just feel very tearful and if the windows would open i would throw all my social media gadgets out i cannot get passwords to remain im my mind,unfortunately i only put a couple in it. Had a talk to matron today asking what is the point in you asking my dr for drug list then o over it with me aslo asking me to bring packets in----then change the whole lot,they have listened with surprize and agree to go my way,also night doc will come to night or over weekend if i need anything extra, i thinking i am at last getting through.. Its nice chatting to anyone from your world, at least you all understand. The physio says he is not needed but i would like them just to be by my side to try the stairs,and i have only asked 6 times for a referral to their orthotic in house department. Maybe i am feeling abit scratchy!!xxxhugs

Hi, my lovely friend. :wave:
Too far away for me to come to your hospital and give them a "what for" about aggravating my friend whilst she is trying to recover.:nah:
Seven is a lucky number, so may be you should ask one more time. :) :-) (:
They may just get on it so the scratchy lady in room xx will hush.:heehee:

Just want to make you smile and hope they really are taking good care of you... Who knows how busy things may be for the staff but I certainly had to be the squeaky wheel a few times to keep the focus on my needs as I did assume they get distracted with all their duties.

Big healing hugsxxxxx and good mojo coming your way.

@ Mojo You make me laugh! actually it did lots of good all pills when needed exactly same as home! I think they know i am actually quite nice to have around. I feel good and moving well,no stiffness and no pain just soreness i cannot believe something horrible might be going on while i feel like this.
Today was xray, and hair wash,tomorrow bloods and orthotics coming,busy time! I am still on Vancomycin IV and Meripenan i think for another 6 days. I know he will be extra cautious with me and of course i have promised not to make a fuss if he wants me to stay longer,but,i am hopeful for the weekend if results good.
I find it really hard to understand how body feels to have coped so well with this huge op,i hope all the walks with crutches round the field with the dogs and all my supplements have helped that.
Everything going ok at home except Mike has a black ey,dog pushed against him and he fell out of bed! what do i say!!

Hugs to you all thank you for climbing through this with mexxxx

What a wonderful update @clodaghcov. Mojo's message made me laugh too, she has such a gift for cheering us up. Fingers crossed that the rest of your week continues to go well for you and that you can make your escape at the weekend. But no dogs allowed near you when you're in bed, getting pushed out is not in your recovery plan!

I already knew you were probably the sweetest patient patient. :elevate:
Sure hope you will be home by the weekend.:fingersx:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads