Hip Infection* problem

I try to go once a week to my elderly wrinklys, they do not understand what is going on, and bless them I arrange a shop and then next day want something else!
Oh my stars...same scenario with my father who is in lockdown at assisted living home...my sister has been doing the running...but as soon as she drops off their "necessities" and we also try to explain the state of things.. he needs a few chocolate milks:shrug:
Bless you for seeing about them but do try to keep your store trips to a minimum. They don't understand the risks involved and you are medically vulnerable also.
I also think my dad somewhat loses track of time so has no idea it has only been a day or do since we have dropped things off.

I also wonder, but haven't heard about Fractured...hoping he has done well and adjusted to a new normal.

Hi my friend. Just wondering if you were hanging in there and if there had been any futher scheduling for you on the hip front?
STEAMY is the adjective for the month for my neck of the woods :sigh:

Hope you are not struggling too much with things...:SUNsmile:

Bless you----strange times we are living in! No major surgery going ahead yet, been told not until COVID is well and truly rested will I get the go! My guess is it will be next year, what will be will be but I am fine and really managing very well. Our youngest son is back with his Thai girl friend which is great she is an absolute sweetheart, adores family and loves cooking as well as loving the dogs and garden. When you think of the cultural difference its amazing to see her so very happy with us, she is here until mid September. Really if I’m honest I would like to get the surgery finished and get on recovering too much to do and get on with, trying to carry plants and water is a challenge on crutches--but I am so lucky being able to still do it. Hope you are well and not too bogged down with your charity. Hugsxxx

So glad you have your family to cheer you...
Wish I could say the Food Bank isn't kicking my little tired behind, but oh my stars...I can hardly empathize with all my friends and family on lockdown as I have yet to see a boring day.
We supply lots of seniors and medically vulnerable folk food through home health agencies and these hips are getting a serious workout.
Blessed that they are all good, and will be so happy when you can get in that club, my friend.
Hugs:roseshwr:

:wave: my friend.
Hope all is well with you.
Thankfully it has finally cooled off some here in Georgia, but seems rather sudden.
Like summer packed its bag and didn't even say goodbye.:shrug:
We can have a "false fall" and then hit back to hot weather so maybe at least I can hunt up my sweaters.:heehee:
Hope all is well with you and that is a sunny day.:SUNsmile:

@Mojo333 Hi, All is fine here, its been a very hot week quite freaky!---We should have been in Crete but of course dear Boris has deemed otherwise! Such a mess in the world! Its been a great summer our youngest son 45!! had his Thai fiancee here for 3 months and what a fabulous time was had, she is such a lovely person and adored the dogs which if you think of culture difference is quite amazing, a really relaxing time. I was hoping I could get my hip sorted over the winter but the Prof does not want to touch me until Covid has settled so I doubt it will happen. Soon sweaters will happen here, but not yet! xxx

Hello friends,i seem to be in abit of trouble! off to ROH tomorrow,my bloods are great,but pain almost unbearable, does anyone know if you can get Bursitis if you have a spacer in? I have had a great 2 years but the spacer is not happy and i fear my time is coming.I have been so lucky upto now. Will keep you posted.xxxx

Oh, dear @clodaghcov , do let us know. :unsure:
does anyone know if you can get Bursitis if you have a spacer in?
Certainly I think it's possible...
Basically, any type of injury or condition that alters the way you walk, stand or sit can lead to a change in the position of the bones and tissue in your hip joint - and these changes in positioning can result in hip bursitis.
Sorry you are hurting....
So glad bloods are good and as you say...you may have gotten all the mileage out if that spacer.
Will be checking back for update.

I'm so sorry to read this :console2:. Sincerely hope you get some answers tomorrow and that horrid pain can be controlled. Will be thinking of you.

@clodaghcov So sorry you are hurting. We are here for you. Please update when you can!

Not the news i wanted to hear,a big bend of the spacer and all cement off. Urgent surgery within next 2 weeks,have had pre ops etc--at least i know what the pain is! minimum stay 2 weeks, ut at least time to sort home out. Hugs to you all,will have to sign for both spacer and reconstruction second stage replacement, and self isolating now and non weight bearing.xxx

@clodaghcov Well I guess it's better to know that it's the spacer and not an infection. Is the hospital stay really 2 weeks? At least your wait isn't going to be too long. Hang in there!

@clodaghcov
I know you have been doing your best to stave off another recovery...please know that I have felt your strength and perseverance so many times on this forum...and I'm betting on you to get through this next hardship tempered and strong.
I feel good that all of this will go well.
Hugsxxxxxand good mojo coming your way, friend.

Very obvious what was wrong then! No need for loads of tests to find out what was going on and, as Jaycey says, better the spacer than an infection. As I recall, before Covid came along you were hoping to get the surgery done this winter so that you could get on with recovery. Not the way you'd have planned it though! Hope you're feeling more settled this morning after yesterday's shock news, and that your pain is well controlled while you wait. Sending best wishes.

Thank you everyone, the realization has sunk in! It has to be done, whichever they are able to do. Yes definately 2 weeks or longer, I have not got a femur and this with so little bone for them to work with is also a problem. If I have to have another spacer so be it. The pain is really terrible I mostly sit on the side of our bed with my kindle, lying down is the worst, I am taking tramadol and co-codamol and the dr has increased my amytriptline upto 40mg. For the last year I have not had to take more than paracetamol! Defrosting the freezers, extra dog food ordered, christmas food ordered! Trying to keep busy. Big hugs all xxx

Hello dear friend of the forum,
Take this as a good sign that it’s time for next steps. You have no alternative aside from suffering in pain. You can’t feel you’re making the wrong decision when each day is a struggle and you‘re being robbed of precious time to enjoy life without hurting physically.

We are all rooting for you and will support you through the process, just as you have lovingly supported others. I have faith and trust in your strength and resolve. I’m praying you will do well. Sending a hug along with wishes for your comfort.
@clodaghcov

:unsure:I really hate that you are hurting so much....yes, sometimes just trying to busy our brains is all we can do.

Big Hugs @clodaghcov :console2:as you proceed with whatever they can do to get you some relief.

:hi:Thinking of you this Sunday and hoping that meds are taking the edge off a bit.:console2:

Thank you Mojo I am coping and yes they have helped except now got tendonitis on top of my foot I guess due to whats going on with my gait but anti inflams starting to help. Hopefully this week trying to get extra theatre space. Hope all well with you, very mild and wet here. Hugsxxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom