Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

Hope your recovery is final this time, complete, and helped along by some really awesome pain medication.:elevate:
 
All the best to you today! @clodaghcov
You’re in my thoughts. Hopefully you’re resting comfortably and I pray you will never experience another dislocation.
Sending hugs and healing wishes.:loveshwr:
 
Well done! Hope you can get some rest tonight!
 
Hi @clodaghcov :wave:
Just noticed that you're online. How are you doing? Are you home yet? I hope you're comfortable and healing well. Best wishes x
 
Oh HI, not so wonderful really, so I’m feeling very weepy and confused. Yes, 1 week Monday since surgery and it has been very big pain, but bearable because I am well dosed up! I have not been able to move from bed while I wait for a hip brace which should have been here yesterday and now looks like Tuesday! I was so excited know it will be sore, but I have found this surgery a lot of the team are giving me different answers. Also my 5 day cultures should be back and aren't so you can guess how my mind is working.
I so so want to get better. My CRP is I know too high. I so hope this is going to sort itself out.

I am sorry to sound bleak, I must give myself a good talking too. Will be back in contact when I have some news xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Oh bless you, no wonder you're feeling weepy :console2:. I was stuck in bed for nearly 3 weeks while I waited for my last hip surgery, it seemed endless. And I got so fed up of lying in the same position. Just a few more days though and you should have some answers and your brace. But good news that they have you well dosed up! Sending best wishes and hugs xxx:loveshwr:
 
@clodaghcov :friends: Post op down days are very normal! Absolutely no reason to apologize here! And you have plenty of reasons to be worrying and wondering! I sure hope your hip brace arrives soon and that you get the answers to all of your concerns! Hang in there, dear lady! Maybe get someone to bring you treats? Chocolate? or what ever would please your taste buds and lift your spirits!
 
@clodaghcov
My heart goes out to you for all you have been through, it is understandable why you are feeling down right after yet another surgery.
I added you dislocation date and your surgery date to your signature for you.

I know you have been through this recovery too many times, but here are the Hip Recovery Guidelines, it is always good to review them from time to time.
The articles are short and will not take long to read.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
​
rest​
ice​
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
​
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
​

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
​

6. Access these pages on the website
​


Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in the majority of BoneSmart’s forums, we ask that each member have only One Recovery Thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review the member’s history before providing advice, so please post any updates or questions you have right here in this thread.
 
Hello @clodaghcov
I‘m so sorry you’re forced to deal with another set-back. I hope you know we’re thinking of you, sending love, virtual hugs and best wishes for your comfort. Prayers for favorable results with your labs and a solution that gets you back on track, moving toward complete healing.
We’re here for you always. :console2:
 
I have not been able to move from bed while I wait for a hip brace which should have been here yesterday and now looks like Tuesday! I was so excited know it will be sore, but I have found this surgery a lot of the team are giving me different answers. Also my 5 day cultures should be back and aren't so you can guess how my mind is working

Oh my stars, my Bonesmart friend.:sorry:
I am sorry for this long drag for your brace and for answers for your blood work.

It is incredibly hard when we have to be strong while feeling our weakest.

Hope you are feeling the love and support we are sending your way.
 
Hello, I am feeling better, I have a new best friend--my brace a big piece of metal, but I am up walking done the stairs, a couple more days of IV, all my drains are out and I am really looking forward to going home. At the moment I am sleeping in my brace, too complicated to try and put on in the night--quite a sight to see!! Thank you all for the support. Big hugsxxx
 
Oh lordy....I know you aren't a "selfie" kind of gal, but if you can get someone to take a pic?
Sounds like a monstrosity.

I have been sending telepathic good mojo all your way.
Keep the faith, friend.
 
Such brilliant news to start my day @clodaghcov. So pleased for you and hope you get to go home very soon. :hugzz:
 
Hope today is a better day, @clodaghcov
I hope you are able to go home soon too.... I'm assuming that they have you in an abduction brace to keep all in place while healing.
I can only guess how uncomfortable this is, but am praying for fast healing.:praying:
 
Hello Mojo, do you know, I feel fine. I have been home 8 days and its wonderful, really. I hardly have any pain! Incredible, but I am so itchy and have so many sores on my back and midrift from the brace, even though I layer up with a t shirt against my skin the irritation is awful. The docs have given me double antihistamine pills, 1% cortisone cream and moisturiser for irritated skin. I only have another 3 weeks to go with it. I do hope it goes quickly!!
I have been sitting in the greenhouse today pruning my leggy geraniums who have been fleeced all the winter. I really enjoyed it and its only been a couple of weeks since I really wondered how I was ever going to do it!
I think carefully if I need a paracetamol and mostly I do not! I have my raised shoe back and that is great. I think I am going to get there at last! Maybe 1 crutch, but who knows, theres a spark in this old bird again!! Big hugs and hope all well and not too busy for you, but difficult times for peoplexxxxxxxx
 
theres a spark in this old bird again!!

Wonderful to read your words above. You sound hopeful, encouraged and happy. Wish you didn’t itch so. How miserable. It’s wonderful to hear you’re out in your greenhouse and enjoying life. You’re a true inspiration of strength and courage in the midst of adversity. Admirable!
A great rest of the week to you. Hugs and healing wishes!
 
:loveshwr:oh, how your update makes my day.:SUNsmile:
I also hope these next 3 weeks go quickly as it sounds like your and your new best friend aren't a match made in heaven.:sigh:
Things have certainly been crazy all year and I have been keeping on keeping on, like so many, wondering when the end will be in sight.

However spring is on its way and I am an eternal optimist, so I feel better times are just around the corner.
I love Spring, where there is new life in everything.
Stay safe and well... Big hugs, friend.
 
Back
Top Bottom