Guest viewing is limited

Preparing for Number Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad you are on schedule now. I only had 7 weeks between knees and I do believe the 2nd went better; there is a lot to be said for knowing what to expect and the anticipation of finally being able to move comfortably. Good luck!
 
Argh! Got poison ivy on my face. Got a shot today, but I have to see my surgeon on Monday to make sure it's safe to go ahead with the surgery on Tuesday morning.

If surgery is a go, I have a 5:30 show time on the 14th. If not, we'll reschedule. The rash seems to be improving. I've been treating it with tea tree oil, and the shot should do the trick, but...one more kink in the process.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Oh Jean, just what you didn't need!! I hope you get quick improvement. I'm a big believer in tea tree oil, so I'd put my faith in that helping to settle things down. Sending best wishes your way.:hiking:
 
Thanks, Happydale. Tea tree has been amazing for skin issues. I read the instruction on the steroid ointment my doctor prescribed and it had a warning for surgery. I'm going to evaluate skin condition tonight and see if the shot and tea tree will do the job.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
All the best for Tuesday!
 
Good thing you saw the surgery warning. How's your poison ivy healing, @PolarBear60? I hope it's better. A hot shower will make you itch like crazy, but it brings the histamine (no idea how to spell that-it's the opposite of antihistamine!) to the surface, and you get relief afterward. Sending positive healing thoughts your way.
 
It's fading, so I think I'm going to be okay. Like my husband says, though, the doc's going to have to assess where he thinks it is in the systemic aspect of things. I "think" it's on the run, but it all comes down to what he thinks. I'm confident surgery will be on for Tuesday morning.
 
Surgery is a go--unless hospital nixes for a superficial scratch on incision site.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Best wishes, Jean. I'll be thinking of you.
 
Got poison ivy on my face. Got a shot today, but I have to see my surgeon on Monday to make sure it's safe to go ahead with the surgery on Tuesday morning.
I hope it wasn't a steroid shot! That seems to affect healing. I got one in my knee, which causes a 2 month delay before I can have the TKR. It was a lot, and directly into the capsule, so it will last.
 
Thanks, Lynn. I didn't make it. Surgery was postponed until next week due to a scratch on my knee. Ultimately, my surgeon decided not to risk even the remote chance of an infection, and I respect that. So, we did the dry run this morning only to have to get dressed and leave the block room with assurances that I am on the schedule for the 21st at 5:30 am.
 
Ah, a wise decision I suspect! Frustrating, as I am sure you can't wait to get this over with and on the path to healing but I cannot even imagine how bad it would have been if you had developed an infection. We will all stand by and be ready to cheer you on next week!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom