Guest viewing is limited

Preparing for Number Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the right knee is behaving enough now to make me wonder, but I'm not able to do the things I need to be able to do with it, so I know it's trying to deceive me.
As is so often the case...

We will certainly keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers on your big day----being totally pain-free is the way to be!
 
@PolarBear60 Sometimes my knee tries to hide the problems I have in it it as soon as I try to everything I want and need to do I know I have to go forward with the revision. I'm just worried that I will wind up having to have my other knee done after this revision.
 
I knew they both needed to be done, and I've welcomed it from the beginning.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I am scheduling my right knee also My ltkr was January 4 and I'm still healing the right knee will be replaced in April good luck to us all for a speedy recovery
 
Almars tkr, three months was my surgeon's preferred minimum between surgeries. You'll be very glad to be on the full path to recovery. My schedule dictated I spread them a year apart, and it's been tiresome to think of a two year recovery period. In retrospect, I would have loved a bilateral replacement
 
@PolarBear60

Congrats on your upcoming RTKR. Since I am a baseball guy, let me say that I know your doctor will hit this one out of the park, and you will do the same with your recovery.
 
Mildly bummed. My husband's health issues are not abating, and they are more serious and pressing than my knee, so I have to postpone my knee for at least a few months. At this point, I'm hoping to get his issues resolved.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Jean, I am sorry to learn of your postponement, but more importantly about your husband's health issues. Things usually happen for a reason as everyone says, although when it is you they are happening to, it is not so good. Your husband and you will be in my prayers.
 
Good news at last. My husband is doing much better, so I'm implementing Plan B for my Right TKR on June 14. I scheduled my pre-op appointment for May 23, and I'm anxious to be back on the countdown to get this important step to improved health underway.
 
I'm very glad to hear that your husband is doing better. You are now on the path to your second knee TKR so that the arthritis pain can finally be gone.
 
It's good to hear that you can go ahead with your knee replacement, Jean.
I'm glad your husband's health is stable.
 
I'm so happy to hear your hubby is doing better. Keep us updated on the countdown. I salute everyone going on to knee #2.
 
Welcome to our June group, Jean. I'm right behind you by two days. I can't tell you how reassuring it is to hear about someone excited with anticipation about their SECOND TKR.
 
I am glad to read that your husband's health has improved and that you are getting the second TKR---totally pain-free after your recovery---back to completely normal---where it is at!
 
Welcome to our June group, Jean. I'm right behind you by two days. I can't tell you how reassuring it is to hear about someone excited with anticipation about their SECOND TKR.
I've been anxiously awaiting my SECOND TKR since I had my first one last year. My schedule then my husband's health required me to wait until now, and I can't wait to move forward and get this health issue fixed.
 
Pre-op appointment today. Apparently doc has shifted from spinals to nerve blocks since last year. The spinal went well. I was nervous about it last year. This year I'll be nervous about the nerve block. Oh well.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Oh, yeah, my OS reminded me that while the procedure is the same, every knee is different. This one could be easier, harder, or about the same.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom