Pre-op visit, hyperventilated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well less than 24 hours. Slept like a baby last night. I was planning on working today but took the day off. I slept so good I overslept! Very rare as im a early riser. Cant afford to over sleep tomorrow as I need to be at hospital by 7:30 or was it 7:10. ?. I got last minute shuffling to do, like switch recliners.. the one downstairs needs to come upstairs and vice versa. Also need to have my disability paperwork ready for my girlfriend to drop of at the office drop box. They are actually ready just need to place on a counter . Im not very nervous. Anticipation will be a better word. Would of had surgery earlier this year but work scheduling conflict delayed me a month. Just trying to think about post op dilemmas and what concerns me slighty is WHAT WILL I DO for the next 6 weeks initially as I know I will be in the house ALOT. I know a whole lot of nothing. Well that was on my mind the morning before the morning of surgery. Take care !

Anyone familiar with a Saphenous block ???? Josephine !?
 
I-I your day is nearly here,
You will love it icep I mean it it's gone in a flash mate!!! I'll be laying in bed leg up icing but will be thinking of you. If you get a chance read my post op thread I've started it tells all about my time in hospital and little helps I've picked up good luck you will be buzzing in the morning. Foxy

[Bonesmart.org] Pre-op visit, hyperventilated
 
Best wishes to you tomorrow!
 
At long last your moment has arrived!! Good luck to you...we will all be waiting for your first post on the "other side!"
 
Anyone familiar with a Saphenous block ???? Josephine !?

To tag someone put a @ in front of the name; like this. .... @Josephine @Jamie
The name will then show as underlined.

:)
And all the best for tomorrow, you'll do fine!:thumb:
 
Thank you Elisea !! I cant believe how much work it is just to get the house ready. Me ! The procrastinator. Oh well. At least today will fly by. Got a call today from the anesthesiologist. On a Sunday.!! She was very nice. @Josephine ....can you tell me what a saphenous block is ??? Thank You
 
It also goes under the name of a 'ring block' which means just to inject local anaesthetic in a circumferential ring around a digit or limb. In this case' saphenous' refers to the area covered by the saphenous vein structure which are the veins in the lower leg. These are usually the veins affected when we speak of varicose veins.

So, the anaesthetist injects local anaesthetic just under the skin in a line around the limb, either at the ankle for foot surgery or below the knee for ankle surgery.
 
Thank you Josephine. Id like to thank you for being such a great "mother hen". You are truly a blessing. Along with all the other great moderators and great and incite full bonesmarties !!
 
Good luck tomorrow Icep707! I have a feeling you will do just fine. I will be joining you on the "other side" on Wednesday. I will be watching for a post from you post-op.
 
I'm excited for you. Tomorrow is the big day. Next stop - RECOVERY!!!!
 
Prayers for your strength tomorrow/today and your surgeon's steady hands!
 
Hi icep ... I have been reading your posts on others' threads for a long time now. You have been a great support and help to many forum members. I wish you all the best today (although it's probably over now) and I hope your recovery goes smoothly and without hitches. You have been so smart coming on here for so long and reading all you can and really getting a feel for the different things that can crop up and bother us - lots of things that we didn't expect. There is nothing like really being in the "thick" of things though, so when all your reading doesn't seem to provide an answer, remember there are heaps of people of Bonesmart who can't wait to support you, help you, encourage you and just love you through your recovery.

All the best and I look forward to reading your story.

Ellen
 
Hi yar mate I think you are bionic now yyyeeeesssssss!!:cheers:
Been thinking of you this morning hope all went well, drop me a line and let me no you are alright, god bless. Foxy. :happydance:
 
Icep - hoping everything is going well for you today!!!!
 
How are you going, icep? Your surgery was February 10th, I think?

Hoping things are well with you!

Edited to add - found you in the post op area!

Jacki
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom