Bilateral TKR Post-TKR Scar Removal Scope

Sometimes I wish everyone would have to have a knee replacement! The world would be much more sympathetic towards us!
 
I hate that we are at the mercy of the insurance companies. Deny, delay, disrupt, etc...

I'm 16 months out, 24/7 pain for every single day of this journey. I Need advocates at all levels, physicians, specialists, insurance company, labs, etc. I swear, I am going to lose my mind. Needed Ativan today to not go crazy. What are you supposed to do when your hands are completely tied?!
 
Thank you.

I agree, this is too long and too much! But what can we do when the insurance company dictates my options? I’ve wondered if I had an attorney call them? I’m at my wits end.
 
If you feel your insurance company isn't living up to the terms of your contract with them, you can get hold of the insurance ombudsman in your state. Every state has someone with this position and you can find a contact number online. It's possible you could find help there. Cheaper than an attorney. But attorneys are always a good way to prod a foot-dragging provider. Just seeing that Esq. on a letterhead gets their attention.
 
Finally had the MRI. Haven’t seen the neurologist yet to give the results, but with my understanding of anatomy, I don’t see anything that could be the problem.

They did, however, find a lesion in my left kidney, will have to address that later.

Appointment with a new pain management doctor on 1/23. I drove 7 hours to NE for Christmas and swelled up so badly, I couldn’t wear shoes! Had to be on Lasix for 3 days to try and get it down. Legs did the same thing after the drive back home. They’ve increased the Lyrica dose to 450 mg/day now. That’s helping with the nerve pain. I’m so over this and trying not to let it lose my mind.

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions, support out there? Anyone? Hope everyone had a great holiday season!
 
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Sorry, I didn’t see this reply until tonight. Yesterday, my new Neurologist diagnosed me with Small Fiber Neuropathy. I’m on Lyrica and Nortryptiline. Does anyone have any experience with this?
 
@Kimbies ,
I do not have experience with the two meds. I do know Lyrica can help with pain.

Sorry, I didn’t see this reply until tonight.
Why don't you go ahead and answer Josephines questions, she may be able to help you with your recovery.
 
Hi...I would have, but it’s actually not the knee replacement that’s causing the problems. I have great ROM, there is no problem with the joints, it’s the “skin” sensations that are miserable, and it seems now we have identified it as Small Fiber Neuropathy.
 
Does anyone have experience with Genicular nerve ablations?
 
Hi all...I had bilateral TKR in 8/2017 and have been screaming since then that my knees are full of scar tissue. After too many tests, drugs, etc they finally agreed to an MRI and yep, both knees are full of scar tissue. I’m scheduled for the left knee, scar emoval via scope, next Thursday. I have no idea what to expect. CPM? Ice, heat? PT? I don’t want to mess this up but don’t know what to do and what not do do.

Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you for any thoughts, advice, experiences you care to share!
 
@Kimbies
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom