Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

Getting up from a sitting position or merely sliding out of bed were the most painful moments for me. I remember mornings that I'd sit on the edge of my bed, legs dangling, (I have a high bed) gathering the courage to get out of bed. In a few weeks that pain disapates and you'll be good to go.
 
Josephine - thanks for asking the pertinent questions and then reading my answers
Re my pain meds - my new prescription is for 1-2 4 times a day so the dosage has dropped. Also last night between about 10:30pm and 8:30am I took a single dose of just 1 pill. Before that I was taking them every 4 hours during waking hours and I would take them if I woke at night. Now I will try taking them at 8am 12pm 4pm and then 8pm. If I awake at night with pain I may take 1. I will be seeing my family doctor on Thursday.

Last night I slept with my legs elevated - it seems to have helped

I ice my knees when I feel I need it. Should I be on a more regimental schedule?




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks again all. I am relieved to read that I am not the only one feeling this way. I am up in my chair right now but I am reclined and my legs are up - I wish I could get them to a higher elevation but the pillows fall off. It was almost a comedy of errors. My poor son would fix them and before I knew it all had collapsed.
Is it a bad thing to spend a a lot of time in bed? I don't mean sleeping but lying in bed reading or watching tv. I find I am most comfortable when I am there. Also my bed is on the second floor where my bathroom is. I find myself drastically cutting back on my fluid intake because getting to the washroom is difficult.
Right now I try to spend from around 11:30-4:30 up in a chair downstairs.

Also - I haven't left the house since I came home on Tuesday and it is now Saturday. Is that ok?

Hoping. It is ok to put all of these questions in one post


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
higher elevation but the pillows fall off

Check out the elevation suggestions in the articles. I created a pillow graduated stack, and pinned them together with giant safety pins from amazon. It's in the articles, but I'll show you here for quick access

[Bonesmart.org] Post op pain<
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom