TKR Post op pain very bad

I have rather lost track here of my posts. Post PTherapy is not nearly as painful as earlier. I am 12 weeks out now and I walk every day and do light housework and get out when the weather is good. I have gone to a public garden party, the museum, the art gallery and my sons for dinners and out with the family to a restaurant for brunches.

I take the tylenol 3 when I need it and sometimes before physio but by nightime things are very sore and stiff and some pain so I take 2 tylenol 3 at bedtime. The PT does not do any physical manipulation of anything and she is very good and does not force any painful exercises on her patients.

I am in a physiotherapy clinic at a hospital and there are so many people there recovering from knee surgery and some hip surgery and everyone has their own pace. Some are full tilt on the physio and get discharged earlier than others. At home I do some of the exercises but I find the best workout is PT. Swelling is happening to both legs in humid weather or if I sit too long so I have to keep moving or just lie down and elevate, a habit I am quite fed up with. All I seem to do is ice and elevate especially at night but not as much as several weeks ago. I am also very tired and sometimes nap in the day. This surgery took a lot more out of me than the knee replacement a year ago.
 
Nighttime pain is an indication that you are doing too much doing the day. Cut back on everything until that night pain goes away, then start adding one thing in at a time. That should help your knees calm down.
 
Well today I had a shock. I went to the central library which is new and gorgeous and up to the 5th floor where the cafe overhangs the building and you have a great view of the city and the harbour (Halifax, Nova Scotia) and went to sit down in a chair and the chair was not there. I simply fell flat on my back on the floor and was so shocked and dazed I wondered what had happened to me. My little grand daughter started to cry as she was so upset and my sons wife and umpteen others helped me up. I have a sore tailbone but the hip and knee are ok and nothing else was broken but I just did not judge the location of the chair very well and totally messed up. It reminds me however that I have to be super careful in the winter. I was lucky today but for a moment I was afraid the next people I would see would be ambulance attendants and I would be back in the OR.
 
@canoewoman
You will see that I have moved your post from cycling67's thread to your own thread.

By putting the above post in her recovery thread, you were disrupting her thread, which should be about her own recovery.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in your own thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you - it might b time to change your title now.

If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Just in case you couldn't find your own thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.


I'm glad you didn't sustain any serious injury from your little accident. It does give you a fright though, doesn't it?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom