PoorlyKnees
member
- Joined
- Feb 5, 2023
- Messages
- 110
- Age
- 61
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United Kingdom
September 23rd - Day 66
So what was the surgeon’s verdict?….
My surgeon was delighted with my progress and the healing of the wound. I asked about the pain on the inside of the knee and he suggested that it was probably a temporary reaction to the straightening of my leg as part of the procedure. Ironically, there has been no pain since. He advised me to continue working on my quads and to avoid the thigh extension machine (happy with that).
What about the physio?…
The physio was very pleased with my quad and hamstring strength; my posture and walking. He agreed with the surgeon’s diagnosis of the knee pain and encouraged me to continue the gym work.
What next?…
Bother the surgeon and the physio have signed me off, so it’s up to me now. Their feedback really helped me to be a bit more patient and positive.
How’s it been since then?…
I played golf in the afternoon after my hospital appointment (Thursday). I struggled with aching in both legs and across my lower back. It felt like I was unable to move my legs properly. It got worse in the evening and I didn’t sleep well. I rested a bit on Friday. Today (Saturday) I played golf again. I started badly, but everything loosened up as the round progressed. I finished the round (relatively) fresh and comfortable. I expected everything to cease up a bit in the evening but, to my surprise my legs feel great and my back barely aches. I’m literally bouncing around with delight.
So what was the surgeon’s verdict?….
My surgeon was delighted with my progress and the healing of the wound. I asked about the pain on the inside of the knee and he suggested that it was probably a temporary reaction to the straightening of my leg as part of the procedure. Ironically, there has been no pain since. He advised me to continue working on my quads and to avoid the thigh extension machine (happy with that).
What about the physio?…
The physio was very pleased with my quad and hamstring strength; my posture and walking. He agreed with the surgeon’s diagnosis of the knee pain and encouraged me to continue the gym work.
What next?…
Bother the surgeon and the physio have signed me off, so it’s up to me now. Their feedback really helped me to be a bit more patient and positive.
How’s it been since then?…
I played golf in the afternoon after my hospital appointment (Thursday). I struggled with aching in both legs and across my lower back. It felt like I was unable to move my legs properly. It got worse in the evening and I didn’t sleep well. I rested a bit on Friday. Today (Saturday) I played golf again. I started badly, but everything loosened up as the round progressed. I finished the round (relatively) fresh and comfortable. I expected everything to cease up a bit in the evening but, to my surprise my legs feel great and my back barely aches. I’m literally bouncing around with delight.