Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Polo's Recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Polo -- nice to meetcha! LOVED what you said about quitting PT because all they cared about was ROM. The PT I have is concentrating on strengthening my quads and hamstrings and stretching and I'm really glad about that because I'd heard SO many horror stories about PTs pushing and pulling and bullying people into increasing their ROM. I feel that TIME as well as activity will help with ROM, and it hurts me when I hear about people who have been intimidated by their therapists.

By the way, I was supposed to have bilateral knee replacement but I'm anemic and the doctor decided at the last minute that it would be safer to do them one at a time. I envy you!

Wishing you all the best!
 
Thank you for the reply
I'm at almost 5 weeks
and I'm hanging in , it's been such a rollercoaster ride


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a ? Can I start walking up hill's or incline's at the 5-6 week mark from surgery..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Do what you can without pain. Just go slowly...I noticed that i have to take smaller steps on slopes

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
I generally avoid inclines because I find them uncomfortable to navigate. But if I have to walk up a slope, I also take small steps.
 
I walked about a mile, thru a park, without a walker or a cane and the park had a couple of incline's.... starting to get better...( 6 weeks ) on tues 3/17/15


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well done. When I go walking a carry my cane just in case i need it.

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
When can I start doing some light weight lifting for my leg's...I'm at 6 week's from Surgery ?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'd wait until at least 12 weeks or more.
 
Tues-3/31/15 is 8 weeks since my surgery, I'm riding a stationary bike for 20 mins now and walking for 10 mins on a Treadmill, knee's are still stiff after workouts, but ice really help's....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How long does the stiffness after exercise last ?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @Polo2015 Stiffness is the pits. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and still gave it. But I have noticed it is a little less each couple of days and of course it increases if you overdo it. Take care of you. Maggie x
 
wow Polo, Im almost 6 weeks and I can't even get a full rotation on the bike yet :gaah: Keep up the good work...Im pretty sure the stiffness will be around for a bit longer, but should lessen as the knee starts to act more like a knee than a rock :sigh:.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom