TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

Hmm. I woke up to a little soreness in the knee itself this morning. I iced it, and it seemed fine, but not long after, we got a thunderstorm. Might this be the beginning of the knee barometer I've heard so much about?


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Wow great. So jelious. Xxx Good job. Be proud of yourself. Just think soon you will be doing all the things these knees kept you from. Xx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Welcome to the whether her knee club!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Found a shady spot at the Conroe Swap Meet with a nice breeze. Knee resting comfortably on my second chair. Cryo-cuff in the truck if needed. Husband out roaming.
[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)



Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Left (replaced knee) did fine. Right knee gave me trouble on the way out.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Back home. In my chair. Resting, icing, and elevating. Tired. Long day, but it went well.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
No. We didn't find any swap meet goodies. My husband did find a source for cane sugar Dr Pepper and cane sugar Cherry Pepsi. Then we had dinner at Babin's Seafood Restaurant.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Yay. First outpatient PT session. These guys are going to be good, too.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
In less exciting news, my extension was only 15. I had it to zero last week but didn't do many exercises over the weekend. They weren't concerned about it, but I was disappointed in myself. I forgot to ask what the flexion was, but it seems good.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
For extension I just made sure the surface under the leg was flat, no exercises. Put a pillow under the heel and lay/sit until it gets uncomfortable and so on. Course I have the opposite problem, I hyper extend when I get tired.

Leg on the booth seat when eating I hope? I try for a booth we eat out every time just in case leg needs some pampering.

Oh well, better luck next time. Great news about the cane sugar soda though.
 
In less exciting news, my extension was only 15. I had it to zero last week but didn't do many exercises over the weekend. They weren't concerned about it, but I was disappointed in myself. I forgot to ask what the flexion was, but it seems good.
Remember the roller coaster ride.
[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

You will have good days, some (a few) great days, some plateaus, and some days that are real stinkers. For some reason, we make progress, and then, for reasons that only the surgical knee will know---we regress a bit. Just hang in there. The lousy days will get fewer and farther in between, and you will eventually reach the destination of being fully recovered.
 
One month out, I celebrated by taking out the trash, picking up sticks in the yard, feeding the outside cats a can of Fancy Feast (my most elusive sweetie came within six feet of me), started a load of clothes in the washer, and walked around the small block. Feels good to lay back in the recliner and elevate the legs. Ahhhhh....restful.

Oh yeah, no call back from the doctor office about pain management, so I added one Aleve to my bedtime Tylenol dose. In a sample size of one, that seemed to help.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
It took me a while to get extensions and maintain it. But once you do all will be fine. You probably just have some tight muscles or something. Ask your PT


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I do have some tight muscles. This week they are behind the knee. (You know how they move around throughout recovery) I'm doing gentle stretching and icing with a little massage. PT gave me three very basic exercises to do this week, and all will help with extension -- heel slides, quadriceps sets, and straight leg raises, emphasizing extension.
 
The extension exercises do a number on the muscles on the back of my knee, especially one where I lay on my tummy on the bed to my thighs, legs dangling from the knees for five minutes, and require lots of ice back there. I felt those muscles during the night last night!
 
You're right.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I am glad you mentioned this.... I have been doing the "press down" exercises for my quads and definitely feel it behind my knee!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Second night of augmenting Tylenol with one Aleve before bed. I've had longer sessions of staying asleep (four hour blocks vs two hour blocks) and have not awakened with pain between 4 and 7 am. I do ice before turning out the light.

This temporary solution should work for the next few weeks.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
The last of the steri-strips came off yesterday morning. A few small scabs yet to fall off, but it's looking pretty good.
[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)



Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom