Guest viewing is limited

PKR PKR Top of knee swelling

Should I wear compression hose or not? Do compression hose help or hinder swelling? I only wear mine the 2 days per week when I have to work and be on my feet. Still on aspirin for bloodclots so worry when I have to stand or sit long.
I know that @skigirl found compression hose helpful when she was working. They were not the anti-DVT stockings you are given in the hospital.
 
Hi again everyone,
Here I am after rest, ice elevation, ice, elevation ice. Nothing I do decreases the swelling and the hard knot at the top of my knee. I am at 5.5 weeks post op and seriously losing my mind! Does anyone have a different suggestion? I'll try anything as RICE has had no effect, and I mean no effect. Please help as I am sinking into depression.
 
Yes, I have a suggestion - try to be patient. You won't get quick results in any part of this recovery. A knee replacement (even a partial) is major surgery and it causes a lot of trauma. It's not like more minor surgery, where you are almost recovered at 6 weeks.

It can take a long, long time for all the swelling to go away. Even at 6 months after surgery, you will still find that your knee swells, if you do a bit too much for it.

Remember that this recovery takes a long time - a full year for complete recovery - and you are only a very small way into it.

Slow and steady progress is what you should expect.
 
@Alpclimber - can you post a picture? Might be easier for folks to understand the scope of the swelling. I never had compression hose, was never given it. I did however use this stuff called Tubigrip that my hubby uses sometimes on his ankle (Pilon fracture from rugby, now fused together). It helped. I only used it for a couple days when swelling seemed worse than other days.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom