Guest viewing is limited

PKR Piglet - 14th May 2012 - back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys Well it's been a busy week. Knee has been pretty sore since dressing came off last Wednesday.
My quads have returned. Can do 5 straight leg lifts before the pain gets too bad and stops the entertainment
Great report Piglet. I have quads but can't do leg lifts. Come to think of it, I couldn't really do them before the surgery:th_heehee:.

I am surprised your dressing just now came off. I haven't had one since my first shower; was only told to keep it very clean and not touch it.

Sitting is still hard such as when riding in cars. My preferred state is lying down with leg up and sitting causes me to fidget quite a bit in an effort to get comfortable. And of course, lying down is more conducive to sleeping, a major core activity these days.:sleepz:
 

Have found a new party trick for anyone asking why I'm not walking unaided after 3 weeks. I show them my healing scar and watch their faces wince :biggrin:
...

Have been rubbing it a bit to desensitise it but being careful as it still has some healing to do
...
:friends:

I absolutely love your party trick! I'm actually not apposed to doing it myself. I wish I had brought my camera the first time I showed my incision to my son's baseball team. Imagine, "Hey boys!" Little fellas between the ages of11 and 12, "Hey Mr. Wolf! Where have you been, we heard you were sick or something?" Now, I'm surrounded by 15 boys, "Hey, guys you wanna see something cool?" Hehe! Sliding up my pants leg and exposing my latest trophy.They're faces went from wince to utter fascination in 2 seconds flat. Simply priceless! :th_heehee:

On desensitizing, I had mentioned to my wife that my jeans were rubbing funny on my scar and was about to ask her if she thought I should cover it with an Ace bandage or something; but she beat me to the punch. Quicker than I could get the rest of my question out, she said to let it rub against my jeans and not to cover it. She said it would feel better, faster, if I didn't. So far she been spot on too.

It's good to ditch the loo riser quick too. At the hospital they were a tad concerned when I said I didn't want it; but I figure that simple everyday things like sitting in chairs, on the couch and on the loo would progress my flexation without me even thinking about it; if I simply left things the way they were. Like a subconscious signal to my body to relax and start getting ready for the world.

You sound like you are doing really great! :yahoo:

 
Hi Piglet

You are doing a great job with your recovery and your positive attitude is helping you - for sure. I feel the same way about the lovely Cryo-Cuff, it certainly helped me through the discomfort stage. Keep up the good work and keep us posted :thumb:
 
Piglet, how have you been doing?
 
Hi Piglet,
Was just catching up on your thread! How are you doing? From the sound of things you must be out running around, so you don't have time to post!:heehee:
If that is the case congratulations! I am so happy that you have come so far!:)
 
Yes Piglet, do let us know how you are doing. We care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom