Petrified
junior member
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2019
- Messages
- 25
- Age
- 76
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
For Josephine: 
1. A four.
2. Oxycodone 5 mg/1-2 tablets every four hours as needed/5 mg-Immediate Release
Acetaminophen/1 -2 tablets 3 x a day (not to exceed 6 tabs in 24 hours)/500 mg.
Celecoxi/1 tablet 2 x a day/200 mg.
Aspirin/1 tablet x 2 a day w/food/325 mg.
Ferrous Sulfate x 2 a day/325 mg
Senna-S x 2 a day w/water/8.6 mg. - 50 mg.
3. Huge.
4. 94
5. Yes x 4 a day minimum/1 hour minimum.
6. Yes; almost every time I sit down.
7. LEVEL: 4-5/easy morning coffee/breakfast (cereal & fruit); Personal hygiene; laundry (including linens & towels); light surface cleaning; financial matters; light pet upkeep. Husband also helps keep things in check around the place, takes care of dinner menus and all dog-walking.
8. First week x 5 days; second week x 5 days. Exercise including at home PT*: yes. Ankle pumps; hip tightening; front/back/side leg lifts; knee straightening flexes (standing, lying on my back and/or sitting up in chair; foot/toe lifts; stairs (up and down x 1 a day using cane) thigh squats; 4/24: went for walk with PT outside for 1st time/600 yards using cane.
10. repetitions x12, once a day.
*Will begin out-patient PT: 5/7/2019.
Josephine, if you need me to be more specific, please let me know. Thanks.
Hello, Atlas aus! Nice to see you and thanks for stopping by and offering your support. You're very kind.
I've been reading your pre-op/recliner thread with much interest. 
Also, just to add some quick/general edification: I had my incision staples removed yesterday morning. Talked with the nurse - who also officially discharged me from in-home nursing care - about a rash that is now surrounding the incision area that I think is caused by the adhesive from the original surgical bandage. Wound is now covered in Steri-strips, but I am keeping it clean/dry and uncovered at the moment.
Also am using a topical over-the-counter cortisone cream to keep rash in check and help control the itching. This afternoon I scheduled an appointment with the NP at my surgeon's office for tomorrow afternoon at 1:15 to see if an antibiotic - even in cream form - can be of more help. As of today, 4 days since the appearance of this rash, I haven't been able to make much headway in clearing it up.
My husband will drive me there as I'm not allowed to drive yet.
Will try to catch up here, once again, tomorrow. It is 9:43 pm. I am 13 days post-op... and I'm ready to
and rest for a bit. 
Good night, all... sweet dreams.

1. A four.
2. Oxycodone 5 mg/1-2 tablets every four hours as needed/5 mg-Immediate Release
Acetaminophen/1 -2 tablets 3 x a day (not to exceed 6 tabs in 24 hours)/500 mg.
Celecoxi/1 tablet 2 x a day/200 mg.
Aspirin/1 tablet x 2 a day w/food/325 mg.
Ferrous Sulfate x 2 a day/325 mg
Senna-S x 2 a day w/water/8.6 mg. - 50 mg.
3. Huge.
4. 94
5. Yes x 4 a day minimum/1 hour minimum.
6. Yes; almost every time I sit down.
7. LEVEL: 4-5/easy morning coffee/breakfast (cereal & fruit); Personal hygiene; laundry (including linens & towels); light surface cleaning; financial matters; light pet upkeep. Husband also helps keep things in check around the place, takes care of dinner menus and all dog-walking.
8. First week x 5 days; second week x 5 days. Exercise including at home PT*: yes. Ankle pumps; hip tightening; front/back/side leg lifts; knee straightening flexes (standing, lying on my back and/or sitting up in chair; foot/toe lifts; stairs (up and down x 1 a day using cane) thigh squats; 4/24: went for walk with PT outside for 1st time/600 yards using cane.
10. repetitions x12, once a day.
*Will begin out-patient PT: 5/7/2019.
Josephine, if you need me to be more specific, please let me know. Thanks.
Hello, Atlas aus! Nice to see you and thanks for stopping by and offering your support. You're very kind.
I've been reading your pre-op/recliner thread with much interest. Also, just to add some quick/general edification: I had my incision staples removed yesterday morning. Talked with the nurse - who also officially discharged me from in-home nursing care - about a rash that is now surrounding the incision area that I think is caused by the adhesive from the original surgical bandage. Wound is now covered in Steri-strips, but I am keeping it clean/dry and uncovered at the moment.
Also am using a topical over-the-counter cortisone cream to keep rash in check and help control the itching. This afternoon I scheduled an appointment with the NP at my surgeon's office for tomorrow afternoon at 1:15 to see if an antibiotic - even in cream form - can be of more help. As of today, 4 days since the appearance of this rash, I haven't been able to make much headway in clearing it up.
My husband will drive me there as I'm not allowed to drive yet.Will try to catch up here, once again, tomorrow. It is 9:43 pm. I am 13 days post-op... and I'm ready to
and rest for a bit. 
Good night, all... sweet dreams.
Last edited:

and I can get very emotional at times, still. As for sleep, sometimes I wake up 25 times a night, sometimes less. Have not slept through the night yet, though. Can lay on left side for longer periods, however. Tried laying on my right side for the first time night before last and I lasted - I think - about 10 minutes before I curled up like a slug in a dish of salt water. Will try again, though.