Guest viewing is limited

TKR Patellar Clunk Syndrome?

@Hedy1962 Had my RTKR done in July 2017. OS did not place a button on my patella as he said it was too fragile. Personally, I think he didn't have the proper sized button for my patella. Anyway, in the meantime, when standing from a low chair, I heard a little pop. Returned to OS in July 2018 to do a revision and add a button to the patella. Xray showed that I indeed broke off a little piece of my patella, however, it was never removed and has no affect on my knee function. Not sure if your situation is the same but just thought I'd share. Never a dull moment with these knees!!!!
Thank you for your reply - I have had terrible problems with this knee - First there was the Faulkeston Tibular Transfer 10 years ago and then last March it was time for the TKR which I knew I would have to have at some stage. All was going absolutely brilliantly - I was back cycling on my electric bike and in no pain! Then the incident happened and been in terrible pain since, hence the trip for the XRay. Will let you know what the surgeon says next week!
 
Until you see your surgeon, treat your knee very gently. Don't do any exercises, and limit the amount of walking you do to just daily activities within the house.
It might help if you wrap your knee with a crepe bandage, to stop it from bending too far.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom