Bilateral TKR ParamedicGirl on the "other side"

@ParamedicGirl Great update! Good to see you are doing so well!

[Bonesmart.org] ParamedicGirl on the "other side"
 
@icep707, unfortunately there is no light or modified duty. 7a - 7p and whatever comes with it. The good news is that I am generally NOT on my feet all day. There are times when I can even sit on the sofa and put my legs up. However, there are no guarantees this will happen. Some days we don't turn a wheel, and other days I can't find time to go to the bathroom or eat. I am praying that the EMS gods will have take my return to work into consideration.

Before my surgery, the EMTs I worked with generally helped carry my bags and knew to help me up from the floor or into the back of the ambulance. They could see how much pain I was in. If they continue to do this on my return, I will let them, at least for a little while as I know that I will be "testing" the new knees in a different capacity.
 
My thoughts and prayers are with you that the EMT gods are looking out for you and your coworkers help you with the heavy equipment. By working long days, I hope it may help you to get good sleep at night!
 
Your a tough nut @ParamedicGirl. I'm hoping you will do great & get to pace yourself at work.
I know that job is unpredictable but rest when you can. I am still in my over do one day & then rest for two days mode. It seems to work for me & I think I did my to do list & made a new one three times now. I all most feel guilty that I am retiring when I run out of pay on August 1st. :spin: :yes!: :cheers: I am hitting the ground running with many things that I want to do. Good Luck & save a few lives for me. :yes:
 
Yes hail to the part time ease in period. You have a very physical job. My Os said start with low hours and work up rather than going full time and then requesting less hours...just a helpful thought. Good luck. stay in the prayer basket as you return to work, you will need it!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
aww, your post of no part time avail came after my post. Tell your coworkers to help you with your new personal equipment.........lol for awile. Thanks for saving lives.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Too bad you can't "ease" back into things but you sound tough and determined and I have no doubt your return to work will be successful!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom