Pain has been keeping me awake and worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI @MI Chickie!
Oh yes, those days before surgery are grueling! I found the pain pre-op to be a good thing because all my doubts about moving forward were washed away AND it made the post-op pain seem much more tolerable. I had no doubts I had made the right decision. :) I'm rooting for you my friend!
ONLY 512 plants? "Texas Ranger" will so enjoy rolling around them...:rofsign:
I'm six weeks out from RTHR, I was wondering if my Doc could give me the pre-op NOW.......would ease the anxiety I'm sure.....
 
@Big Sky 1
I'm pretty sure you will need to wait, as most OS's require your pre-op testing to be done within a given time frame before surgery. I couldn't have mine done until 30 days pre-op. Make sure they give you the MRSA test (nose swab), as I had to remind my PCP to do it because he forgot! Good luck to you!
 
Wow, I would love to buy a seedling tray! Plant envy here! How is your count down going?


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Oh my gosh this week has been a whirlwind! Thank you so much for peeking in on my @Cynthia777 and @jomarie58 ....The seedling trays! I still have most of one left! I gave a lot away, we made teacher gifts of little pots of plants and I've filled every pot I have for the yard! I've got to grab some more up and get these guys in some dirt! They do really well as soon as they have some room to stretch their legs! :flwrysmile:
I am in pain and limping quite a bit now. Think I pushed it a bit too much this week. I've been so worn out that I can't even hop online at the end of the day.
My job just got a person in to cover for me on Wednesday so I had to give training in all of two days (he was fresh off the street, never done this sort of work before :holysheep:) but he was a quick study. I gave him specifics so he could do enough without mucking up my whole game plan for the project and I think he'll stick to it, and do well for himself there. I have accepted that I don't have control of the work while I'm away. It is what it is, and it will be there when I get back.

I've spoken to the nurses and got all pre-registered for surgery today. All the pre-op testing looks good and they were all amazed that I'd not ever had one surgery and here I am for a THR! I'm the first one for Monday morning so I have a 5am arrival time :alarm: but better to get it done and on with the day in a shiny new hip!
I'm excited, nervous, anxious and happy all at the same time! Or every five minutes one comes up, rather. It's quite a roller coaster ride.

A few things I found interesting while talking with the nurse...they want me to bring sneakers that tie to walk around in, I got some slip on type but I guess those will be good for at home. She said to bring some loose pants as they'll have me stay in the hospital gown but when I go for PT I'll be doing things that might be a bit revealing :giggle:. She said I could get a mani/pedi if I want, nail polish is ok, which I thought was nice...though I've never had a pedicure before.
Now to keep my mind just busy enough to stay out of worry.... :spin:
 
Hi @MI Chickie!
Oh how you bring back those memories of the pre-op jitters and all the other emotions that come along with this journey! Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised (as I was) that the surgery and recovery are not near as bad as you think they'll be. I'm excited for you and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :loveshwr:
 
You'll both be back here vey soon and wondering what you were worried about!
they want me to bring sneakers that tie to walk around in
I was told no slip ons because you are more likely to shuffle in them - I tend to tie my laces quite loose and then treat them as slip ons anyway and nobody complained. :)
 
Good idea, @Cynthia777 I think I shall!

@BizzyLizzy I sure hope so! I'm packing my little chromebook or maybe just my phone so I can hop on the web if I feel up to it.

I'm off to get my pantry in order...fiber cereal, prune juice and the like! :dubious: Tonight is round 1 with the Hibicleans showers, anxious to see if I'll be very itchy after.
 
Hopefully you won't get "itchy" after the Hibiclens. I'm allergic to metals (even 14K gold), the liquid bandage they used with my first THR, neosporin, and Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil, but I had no problem with the Hibiclens. I was a rash mess after my first THR!
 
Good luck tomorrow! Hope you do very very well and are back in to your garden in no time!

Question for everyone. They test for MRSA before the surgery. What do they do if you test positive? I caught MRSA after a hernia surgery. Unfortunately all of my family was colonized. We went through a whole protocol to try to get rid of it, but I will not be surprised at all if I am MRSA positive
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom