THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

Hi Jaceyduck

It does appear that you might have the same problem that I had. My acetabular cup was not setting in the proper place which allowed the psoas tendon to rub across the exposed jagged back side of the cup to constantly damage the psoas. They can do a psoas release to help with the pain or they can do a revision and place the cup in its proper alignment. My doctor did not want to do the psoas release as he was afraid that I would not like the loss of strength that sometime happens with a psoas release but there are other forum members that had the psoas release and they did not suffer the loss of strength. I had the revision 7 weeks ago and it appears that I am having a normal uneventful recovery from the revision surgery. Good luck no matter what you decide to do to correct your problem and I know just how bad you are feeling if you have the same problem I had.



Golfer67
 
Hi Golfer 67 and everyone else on Bonesmart, I had a conversation with my consultant yesterday and thankfully my blood tests showed no infection. I asked him what would happen if I did nothing with my hip acetabular cup and it’s slight loosening and he said that it wouldn’t be a
Or lem leaving it for another 6 months and the going back for more xrays to see if it had settled more. So I’m happy with that I will wait to see what happens as I just can’t face revision surgery after just eight months. Fingers crossed my pain settles down in the meantime.
 
I guess if you can stand the pain for six more months and if there is a chance that maybe the acetabular cup will find its proper spot then waiting would not be a bad thing but if it is just going to keep shredding the psoas tendon then waiting would not be a good thing. My acetabular cup was destroying my psoas tendon daily and had to be removed and replaced to cure my problem but yours may not be as bad as mine was. Good luck and I hope you heal in the next six months and don’t need a revision surgery.



Golfer67
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom