Bilateral THR Op scheduled for April 16

Supersub

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I’ve got a date for my bilateral hip replacement at last - April 16! Almost 20 months since I joined the waiting list.
I met with the surgeon yesterday and had updated x rays taken. His office called to offer the date this morning and scheduled the remaining pre-op tests for tomorrow. (I had a full pre-op in October but the results are no longer valid.)
Thanks to everyone on here who has offered advice and support along the way. I thought I would be terrified (and I probably will be as it gets closer) but I’m actually just relieved and even a wee bit excited to get things moving. Fingers crossed all goes ahead as planned

:yes!:
Great news! We have a few members recovering from bilateral hips right now and I'm sure they wilk chime in!

I know you probably saw these in your earlier thread but just in case you want a review...

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at stories of amazing hip recoveries.

@Supersub Congratulations on getting your surgery date!! Over on the recovery side is a new bilateral - Robert M :) Do feel free (if you haven't already) read some of the BTHR threads. Find a "Bilateral" prefix, click on the prefix itself and you will get a list of all the BTHRs here. The link to mine is in my signature -- it's old and I don't update it any more but it may give you some ideas of what it was like to go through this life changing surgery.

Good luck, and welcome in advance to the exclusive bilateral club!

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery, @Supersub.

When you are feeling up to it post-op, please start a recovery thread so we can support you on your healing journey.

Go to the Recovery section. Click on the orange button at the top right of the page that says Post Thread.
You might also want to bookmark the page in your browser so you can find it right away when you return to the site.

Let us know if you need help!

Best Wishes for your surgery tomorrow!
Please join us on the healing side of the forum once you're feeling up to it. We will have lots of support to offer along with our Recovery Guidelines to share.
Hope to see you there soon! :)
@Supersub

@Supersub I will be thinking of you tomorrow and looking for you on the recovery side :flwrysmile::ice:

Thank you. Lovely to see this when I got up. Today’s the day! Couldn’t sleep so I’m up doing the last of the washing. I cleared the laundry basket on Sunday and came home from work to four loads of washing yesterday. Oh man! That’s it done now though. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and advice so far. I’ll keep you posted on the recovery. I’m smiling at the ice emoji. The freezer is loaded with ice packs and my lounge doctor pillow is at the ready :) :-) (:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member