THR One woman, two hips , one week

Beginning to get a bit of lower back pain today . Is that what others have experienced on their recovery ??

You're pretty amazing! You know that, right?
You're doing so well for only days out of two separate surgeries.
Happy to hear your letting sleep happen when it calls, as our body does it's best healing while we're asleep.
Wishing you many comfy naps this week :yawn: :sleep:
Happy Sunday!
@cornishgal

Hope Ant & Dec are behaving @cornishgal [emoji23][emoji23]
Certainly lower back pain seems to be quite normal... back sleeping doesn’t help with that.

I bet your Mum was so pleased at your progress... xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny Ant and Dec are being good thanks and mum was delighted to se me standing and strutting about with my crutches.

Hopefully back pain will lessen when restrictions lifted in hopefully 1 month and 1 day . I have a countdown timer on my phone lol .

My lower back bothered me too.
All the sitting and laying :shrug:
I was a never a back sleeper before...not alot of choices however.
Hope this week shows lots of improvement!:friends:

Patchy sleep last night it’s the restrictions and sleeping on the back thing , so hopefully o will crash tonight and get a better nights sleep. I have had a lovely day so far just had ab20 min walk approx 800 steps in the sun which I really enjoyed and now I’m about to get a pedicure how cool is that !

Good day so far lovely walk with crutches in sun 15 mins exhausting but so good for mental health to get out there . Slept for two hours after My bro coming over tonight to cook me a lobster dinner I’m being spoilt so much . Great family and friends have been essential in my recovery . Shoulders ache a bit so lucky I have loads of ice which helps . It’s toning my arms up lovely lol. Hope everyone one else is doing well xxx

Had a great day yesterday but Ant (rthr)tendons and ligaments in the groin just don’t want to relax when I lie down Dec the lthr is totally relaxed and has been for a couple of weeks now . It’s a tad annoying as stops me totally relaxing at night . Still I keep telling myself it’s temporary. Going have a more relaxed day today more ice and a little and often walks around the house . I think I might of over did it yesterday a bit . Guess I know where the line is and chill for a day . Hope everyone else is well xxx

My bro coming over tonight to cook me a lobster dinner I’m being spoilt so much . Great family and friends have been essential in my recovery

Wow! Someone's lucky. It's great to be surrounded by such a strong support system. You're blessed!
It's good you're taking a day to chill. At only 20 Lefty / 13 Righty days post op there is still a lot of healing, especially for you with two.
I hope today is a peaceful relaxing one. Stare at this guy > :yawn: He always makes me tired.
Happy Nappy Time :yawn: :sleep:
@cornishgal

:heehee: Haha will stare at him later to get to sleep @Layla . I have been truest blessed have fab people around me a major support . I have relaxed a bit today less on my feet more ice:ice:. When I see your post of how many days it is early days and each day is so different . Today my right hip aka Ant decided to swell up but ligament pain now reduced . That’s why this social medium is so vital as it takes away worries and concerns . Bone smart has been great therapy :) :-) (:

Recovery is going well. But today I feel a bit down in the dumps. Went to see physio today for follow up exercises and I also wanted to ask about restrictions . I appreciate that primarily I was there for exercise progression and to be shown correct techniques and he was excellent at that but I also wanted to know if I could go out for meals or to the cinema and when restrictions can be lifted and what can I or not do in future.
He was great with exercises but on restrictions a bit vague saying I will know when ready but also suggesting it will be 8 weeks before I can go out to restaurants etc.
Said I could never cross my legs again , could at some point sleep on side with pillow and could not ever move my leg in at knee and out at ankle for fear of dislocation.
I asked how do ladies shave legs he suggested when I cans put right leg on left knee with leg rotating outwards !!! Not sure about this .

I have a posterior wound and when I see my surgeon in three weeks I guess I can ask more questions. Like when can I bend down, can I break 90 degree rule and if so when? what can and can’t I do !!!
Feel after I master exercises and walk a bit uncertain as to what I can do and when ??
Anyone else feel a bit lost at this stage ???

Pay him no mind...he is sorely mistaken except for
but on restrictions a bit vague saying I will know when ready

You will know..if you can listen to your body.
Don't know if he sensed you were over zealous and wanted to "scare" you into being patient...but you can go and overdo and pay for it...or be mindful and certainly you can go and be easy with it
I shave my legs...cross my legs, do everything I want to do without getting crazy with it.
Six week mark you will surely be ready to do more...you know your body better than anyone!

I am three weeks and have gone out to dinner already. Movie theaters by me are recliner seats and more comfortable then mine. I had my first hip sx when I was 18 and def crosses my legs, shaved etc. He doesn’t know what he is talking about. I had a pt assistant during my in home therapy and a week out she told me I could walk unaided if I tried and it was only in my head[emoji849] lol

Down days are sucky, hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Cheers to new hips:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou @Mojo333 and @Tarajeane for your reply that’s lifted my spirits. I felt so good until yesterday . I know he didn’t mean to but it really lowered my mood and that’s unusual for me . The restrictions have to be in place right up until I see my OS I will ask him the same questions I expect from your responses I will get a different answer .

My two legs or Ant and Dec as I like to call them could not be more different both simulator strength and ROM. Dec my left leg minimal swelling and no aches and pains comfortable at night but Ant my right leg is troublesome more swollen, more lumpy and sore around the bum and will not settle or get comfortable at night . Any other bilateral experience this ???

This is a long haul game and mental will power is key . I am having a dip at the moment not helped by two nights of no matter what I do to get comfy I can’t . Honestly pillows up so I am upright then down to be flat then one under knees then pulled out too hot then too cold , then need a wee. I guess today once my friend comes this morning I will have a siesta try to get some sleep .

I will have a word with myself today and get myself out of this slump as it’s all temporary and I am doing well . Can someone have sword with Dec my this and get him to behave lol

@Tarajeane just reread your post walk unaided in one week my goodness, what type of madness was that ! Honestly it’s a worry what some therapists practice.
Most are fab I know but these few could really do some damage if not physically but mentally or both .
Well I better get on and run a marathon today lol

One of my legs was "slower" getting with the program also.
Honestly pillows up so I am upright then down to be flat then one under knees then pulled out too hot then too cold , then need a wee.
Sounds about like my nights also...sympathies!:console2:
Most of the time, after an hour I was up walking about a bit and then on to my recliner to doze through infomercials.
Power naps were my saving grace.
Sending wishes for a good weekend!:SUNsmile:

@cornishgal you are doing great! You will soon get to the point where you are not obsessing with restrictions. It's tough at first I know. But just listen to those new hips. They will very quickly tell you if you have made a wrong move.

Going out to dinner or the cinema - as you know sitting for any length of time can at first be challenging. Try just going for a coffee or any short trip to "test the waters". Take a pillow with you if you think it might help. Recovery is all about finding your limits, scaling back and trying it again another day.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom