TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @robograndma Congratulations on the bath! My mom is a big bath person and I cannot imagine what it would be like if she did not have the ability to bathe. I am so happy that you can get that part of normal back into you day.

Hope everything else is going well!
 
I had an unfortunate incident yesterday with a very upset cat who was being transported in my car to the vets for an eye infection. He was not contained. The owner felt he could hold him :catdance: until the cat dug his claws in to his chest and jumped out of his arms and onto my lap, while I am driving, puncturing a hole in my surgical knee 1/4 inch from my incision. After dropping them off I found a pharmacy and was able to clean the puncture and put an antibiotic cream on it. Under the advice of my friend, a retired emergency room nurse, I begrudgingly went to a walk in clinic this morning. I had to have a tetnus shot :holysheep: and start taking antibiotics with strict instructions to watch it carefully:scaredycat:. Other than that I am feeling pretty good at this point. Back at work but still monitoring my activity level.
 
Yikes @robograndma - I hope the antibiotics clear it up well. That must have been so scary for all involved including the cat. I used to take my cat to the vet uncaged until he got away and hid under the seat for over three hours. Needless to say he was caged for any trips after that. I had him for 17 years and I still miss him terribly. Best cat ever.

I hope everything else is going well for you. How s the weather in Victoria? It was supposed to be sunny and 23 her today but it has been cool and cloudy. I hope it clears up for Father's Day tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
 
Thanks @71Beetle ! The weather here is kind of cool and cloudy also but it looks like we have lovely weather ahead. I will send some your way!
 
Very smart of you to head to a doctor with that puncture wound! This is a time that it is much better to take the safe route.
 
Holy cow, @robograndma! Or should that be holy cat instead? I'm glad you're more or less okay after the kitty incident - I can't believe the cat's owner tried to do that! I have had 12 cats in the last 26 years and would NEVER try to take them anywhere while they were loose in the car. I did have one escape her box while I was driving once...that was an interesting trip! But luckily she just hid under the seat and the hard part was getting her out once I arrived at my destination.

I have actually had no problem with keeping my 4 cats off of my knees when they want to cuddle with me. The hard part is the dismount: if they get startled, they jump off rather quickly and I have to be even quicker to guide them away from the knees. So far I've been lucky and only had one of them step on my left knee incision, and thankfully that's the one that's more fully healed at this point.

I hope you have no problems with your puncture wound...and that your friend gets a cat carrier!
 
Oh dear...causing injury to one's mother-in-law is never a good idea! I'm sure he's very sorry.
 
:yikes: Glad you went to the doc.
 
Geez, I can imaging how the next family dinner will go. Your son-in-law must have been mortified! Go easy on him but don't let him forget about it for a while and milk it as long as you can. :snork:
 
Hi @robograndma, just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you healed from the cat scratch? How is your recovery going.

Hope you are well.
 
Hi @71Beetle ! I should be asking how you are doing! :wow:, second knee already......good for you! I hope all is well.

I am doing very well. Coming up 4 months. I have been really busy. Went back to work second week of June. I thought all the standing could be a problem for my knee but the pleasant surprise was that my knee feels so solid and clearly illustrates how wrecked the rest of the old body is :thud: ! I wonder how many body parts I can have repaced? :heehee: I have also been busy with a new grandson born the end of June! :hi: :loveshwr:

I am still dealing with a bakers cyst behind my surgery knee that flairs up every once in awhile and the surgeon is still following me fairly closely because of my nerve and muscle issue early on. I am actually doing very well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom