Guest viewing is limited

THR One week post THR right side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup you can often feel that muscle is being pushed too far. Rest with less stressful movement .

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin , that's my plan--:)

May take 2 days off then back to walking. The muscle/ligament, or whatever, that is hurting is from the hip joint and down the inside of my thigh. Under normal circumstances, I would think I would have a pulled muscle.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've just read through your thread. It's so interesting. Maybe you did pull a muscle. I'm finding that I really have to pace myself, too. The difference in leg lengths sounds challenging. I've heard a couple of other people mention that, and how it affects their gait. I hope that muscle or ligament heals soon.
 
@Hip Hip Hooray! Hoping for muscle also. Will baby it for a few days. If I don't let it heal, it will just keep re-injuring. See my OS next week for 6 week post op. Maybe CT can be taken. But, hope by then it is healed.

I think the leg length is getting better. But, it may take months or more to correct if due to swelling.

I got my pillow from above link. It worked vey well. One of my better nights. It is soft, but firm enough to support legs. I use it as a wedge. My leg does not have the pain it did overnight using regular pillows and an upper body wedge that was too firm and pressed into back of legs. And, back was much less painful. Almost no pain at all. May try it between legs, but not till the groin area pain goes a away. When I slept on good, left, side the bad leg would still be pulled down into pillow and put strain on the bad muscle. This pillow is thicker and may help. Also, I think if I slept on surgery side, there would be no pulling on the hurt muscle as it is laying on the bed and more supported. Not sure when you can sleep on the surgery side.
 
Week six mirrors week five. Hip seems to keep getting stronger. But setbacks after overdoing. Same yard work done as in week five plus used my gas blower, about 10lbs in weight. My son still mows for me. But, next day hurt again in several areas. Also, drove for first time. Two short trips. That plus the yard has me resting today and tomorrow. Driving went well. A little strain felt on thigh and also when moving to get out. Just the way I have to move foot to get over doorstep. It is an SUV. Some pain has subsided except in groin and down inner thigh. Still goes into lower leg. Not bad tonight except if I raise leg up to 90 degrees then slowly lower. That's were the groin pain comes in. Dr. appt Thursday. Only taking Tylenol now as needed.

It is hard to not want to "push" things when you you feel good. And as I have no restrictions, per se, I do push. I don't mind the set backs as long as I re-heal. Thursday I will make sure it is just that and no new injury or nerve issues. As you may remember, I thought my last PT session 3 weeks ago may have caused damage. Not sure.

Are all of you sleeping on your sides by week six. I don't think that should be a problem with pillows. On my back or side, sometimes pain will increase. I think just because of the leg angle, position. But, I don't sleep much on back. Do well on side until pain awakens me, then I change positions.

While sitting here in my new computer chair, no pain. Of course that will change a bit when I stand.

At this stage I think it is more tired of waiting and want accelerated improvement. Not going to happen--:)
 
You are doing well and yup it takes time, believe me tho you are ahead of many.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @rugmankc , Hope your muscle is getting better, that it's nothing major, and that resting it has helped. I'm sorry you had a heart attack so young. No more heart attacks and good health to you! You say you don't do so much exercise now. However, yard work and household chores in a house with 2 flights of stairs is hard work and should be enough to keep muscles strong. You don't have to be a crazy marathon runner/long-distance cyclist/swimmer to keep fit. In fact some people think that's overdoing and in the long run I might do more harm than good, but then again, I've got an office job. A sedentary life-style in my freetime would probably cause too much weight gain and maybe also heartattack for me. By the way, my hip feels ok almost 5 months post surgery.

And: yes, indeed, sleeping on your operated side after 6 weeks sounds ok to me, especially since you said you had no restrictions - right?

Happy recovery from Constanze
 
Its like many parts of this recovery our bodies will say woah there that smarts so long as restrictions have gone try it and see

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@rugmankc, You sound good. I'm learning a lot from your thread. I want to do more yard work, too. But, I'm going to have to wait, since for me the house is a priority. It's exciting to be driving again, isn't it? I took my first short trip today, and it was wonderful...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom