Guest viewing is limited

TKR On the road again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KarriB & @Bilbo I'm really not bothered by exposing the scar to the world..lol I'm on the heavy side to don't expose much skin in the summer, don't want to scare anybody you are right ice and elevate is the answer....
 
I kind of felt that way yesterday, @Littlelady58 . I think mine might have been fatigue from the trip to Kansas City and home. It did feel good to drive to PT and come home. The PT didn't measure rom today but says I'm doing very well and just to keep things up. He spent a fair amount of time today massaging the incision area to keep adhesions from forming; I was pleasantly surprised how good it felt!

Now I'm home icing after PT and resting for a bit. I made a stop at Whole Foods on the way home and picked up a couple things I needed. I did better than I expected walking in the store but kept it short.

Roxie
 
I am going to have a couple of teeth capped next week, the last time I went to the dentist in March I took antibiotics before, this time they said I didn't need too... Anybody have any thoughts on this?
 
I was given a list of procedures that I would need preventive antibiotics for. It was anything that may make your gums bleed, including a cleaning. Perhaps caps won't cause that risk?
 
I think it may depend on your OS preference. Mine told me to take antibiotics any time the dentist touched my mouth, so my dentist has been calling in my prescription and has refills on it so I don't have to worry about needing it. I had a temporary cap put on a couple of weeks ago and took antibiotics an hour before the procedure and will take them again when I have the permanent crown put on next week. I think it is better to be safe than sorry since infections are so hard to treat.
 
Went for PT today walked there and back, it's only a block away, my ROM is at 97 I was happy with that, I got for my 6 weeks OS checkup next week, time flys when you're having fun :spin:
 
Some surgeons and some dentists still recommend using antibiotics prior to dental work. However, the current opinion is that they aren't necessary:
Dental antibiotics: Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures

My orthopaedic surgeon recommends taking antibiotics. My dental surgeon disagrees. I compromise, by taking them before root canals, but not for routine dental procedures.
 
Hello ladies, I'm at the 6 week mark, I'm finding my scar is nicely healed but very tender, any suggestion on creams to use, it feels like a blister to touch
 
I'm at 7 and mine is not painful at all. (Just ugly!) lol I use cocoa butter and Mederma
 
@Littlelady58 I used Bio oil on the scar, suggested by my PT. I still see it when I remember it seems to have done a lot or good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom