Guest viewing is limited

TKR On the road again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Littlelady58
If you want to reply to individuals, you tag them by putting an @ sign before their user name, as I did for you, above. Make sure that you don't leave a space between the @ and the name and that you do leave a space before and after the tag.

We do ask you not to start your message with a list of tags, because people accessing BoneSmart on their phones or tablets see mainly these tags, and not much of the message shows up on the first screen.

I hope this helps!
 
We do have a "help" section you can browse through. You'll find it under the Help & Info tab at the top of the page. Click on the How To Use This Forum link.
 
@Littlelady58 - Tylenol was my go to pain killer as I weaned off the oxycodone. I still take it making sure I don't go over the daily limit, not for my knees (which are pain free) but for my back.

Don't worry about your ROM too much yet, you are still early days. I don't even know what my ROM is, I stopped asking after I got to 125 in both.

Have a good physio session tomorrow.
 
@Celle
I'm leaning new things all the time thank you. I found the help tap lol.... @Threads my physio went well my ROM is around 85 @ 17days just the same as the first knee, I'm happy with that, I need to be more patient. I'm not good at sitting, but I'm learning, oh how im learning :bored:
 
@Littlelady58 - you'll be amazed at how quickly time will pass and before you know it, you'll have your life back, better than ever. I'm 6 months out of bilateral knee replacements and I've gone on 5 km. walks. Tuesday I was able to see an exhibit at the Art Gallery, and take my time looking at Cezanne's watercolours. I haven't been able to do that for several years without spending all my time looking for some place to sit! However, you'll need patience to get there :yes: - it's worth it!
 
@Threads thats wonderful, something to look forward to! My last trip to the Art Institute in Chicago was spent looking for places to sit.
 
Amen sister! I can't quite wrap my head around how different life will be, I've been accommodating my knee somewhat for 40 years, and completely for the last 15.
 
Today I made it around our local Co Op, I was as pleased as punch! I can feel my knee getting stronger all the time. I was wondering what everyone thought about how long after staples come out would you leave the bandaid on?
 
Just got my staples out yesterday. The SteriStrips are supposed to fall off by themselves, but they told me to feel free to wash them off in the shower after a week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing great. Like you said, you just have to be patient and take it step by step.
 
@PolarBear60 do you still have you incision covered up ? Hope you are healing up! I seem to be doing ok just a little leak but it dried up....I was really doing good today, & then the clouds came in and I felt like ****, ended the evening in tears, I don't even know why.... So I've taken myself to bed, so's not infect any misery on anyone else. Wishing all you ladies out there A Happy Mothers Day :loveshwr:
 
Oh, @Littlelady58
The blues have hit! :console2:
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

It's a normal reaction and almost all of us have experienced it. You may find that your emotions are unstable for a while, too. I remember all too well that I screamed at my poor husband, just because he could not read my thoughts and understand intuitively what I needed. The poor fellow took refuge down at the other end of the house.

Don't worry about it - this, too shall pass. Until it does, feel free to moan on here. We'll understand, because we've been through it ourselves.

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Your emotions are a rollercoaster. Your body has been traumatized, your on drugs and in the back of your mind worried that everything will be ok. Where there is a high there's bound to be a low following. Have a great Sunday and let everyone wait on you today.
 
@PolarBear60 do you still have you incision covered up ? ...I was really doing good today, & then the clouds came in and I felt like mess, ended the evening in tears, I don't even know why....

Brand new SteriStrips from Friday are still intact. I'm seeing a very slight weeping from the bottom still. As for covered up beyond the strips? No. I figure now is the time to get exposed to air for best healing.

I think I can feel the nerves knitting back together, because every now and then, I feel a little ZING as if a new connection has been made and tested.

And yes, the Blues Fairy visited me yesterday, too. Hugs to you, and I hope your visit with her is short-lived.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great! Something not too energetic, and yet uplifting. What a good idea!
 
Another good day today, did a little lite housework, and a little washing, it feels good to get some things done.
Exercises are getting better, my knee is feeling stronger. I've only taken painkillers for sleep tonight, all in all a good day....
 
Yes, it can take a while. Some of the hardness is probably swelling still.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom