THR On the other side now

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks post op now. Still having a hard time sleeping. I have tried a different pain med, Tramadol, lately. It worked great on day 1 and then it didn't do much except make me weak and nauseous the next morning.

I am walking with a cane early in the day and moving to a walker as I get tired later in the day. I have pretty constant pain and stiffness in my quad and knee areas. It is getting better though and I look forward to sleeping through the night. Yes ice does continue to be my friend and now has been joined by some mild heat.
 
You can combine Extra Strength Tylenol with the Tramadol. You can take up to 4000mg of the Tylenol in doses of 1000mg each at least 4 hours apart. Just be sure that you take the full dose each time or it likely won't be enough medication to help with the pain. You might try that at night since you're having trouble sleeping. Do be sure and count any other meds you take with acetaminophen in them in that 4000mg total. It's in a lot of over-the-counter medications these days...cold meds, sinus medications, etc...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom