Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

I'm sorry you've resorted to doodling to distract from the pain.
Are they able to adjust meds, prescribe alternate, or change the dosing schedule? Hopefully you're able to get a few naps in today, like you did the other day and feel more comfortable soon. :console2:
@Legseleven
 
sounds like having dreams again is a good sign. i know I'm always happier when i get more REM sleep. "Hornet in the knee" is such a vivid and fitting image. did you sketch that?
 
Thanks @Layla the pain meds can’t change til the blood thinners finish. It’s been a grim week for pain and the HEAT is exceptional. I have two fans on. For a small, green and usually wet and windy country in the North Sea the whole nation is struggling, as is all of Europe. Global warming is real.
Currently taking meds on the clock 6 x day, various combinations.
Monday I can start Celebrex and hopefully then use Nefopam for breakthrough pain. It’s not having anything for the breakthrough pain that so tough. I was banned on Sunday from any NSAID by the hospital until the Apixoban was finished, and that’s this Sunday at 6.15pm, and they were adamant.
Thanks @FleuveStone i agree REM is great, that one day of lots of sleeps has yet to be repeated. I keep trying.
I’m waking more, sometimes I walk for the pain. Over 2k steps today, the furthest to date and I had visitors too. :flwrysmile:
 
@Legseleven, be sure you are drinking as much water as you can. The heat can be an extra dehydrator after surgery. If the hospital has electrolyte drinks, at least one a day may also help your system with both the tummy problems and pain. This will pass, but it’s sure awful while it’s going on.
 
I must say that heat wave sounds exceptionally tragic. fingers crossed it breaks soon.

countdown to sunday at 6.15 is on! I remember the joy of starting NSAIDs again. they seem to work much better than acetaminophen alone at least for me.

@Jamie's suggestion about some good electrolytes seems like a good idea!
 
Thanks @Jamie don’t worry I drink jugs of water daily. Plus a pint glass (20 fl ozs) with an inch of apple juice at the bottom diluted with cold water, kind of home made electrolytes 2 x day. Another scorcher today, and hopefully cooling to normal temps from tomorrow.
I love summer but this is something else.
 
I had an extra after breakfast sleep, so that’s helped a lot. Fit bit has registered the most sleep today since the op, not a lot, but better. Lots of landing walking and down/up 3 stairs. On the whole the all day pain level is a bit easier, though still with these immensely challenging peaks.
 
@Legseleven

24/7 sleep opportunity regime in action - way to go!!!!!!!!!! And glad the pain is easing somewhat. Hopefully, the cooler weather forecast will help too :yes!:
 
It’s been a grim week for pain and the HEAT is exceptional. I have two fans on.
I'm so sorry, LE. Pain is enough in itself, but unbearable heat along with it would be difficult to take. I'm assuming no AC? If not, you have my sympathy, that would be difficult during a heat wave for those in pain and struggling with recovery from surgery. At least you have Sunday and Monday to look forward to...hopefully bringing more relief from the pain.

Yay for the increase in steps and for visitors too! :thumb:
 
In the wide awake club, I woke to pain, the pain and heat is as fierce as ever. Trying the lounge Doctor, it’s still 18’ overnight, tomorrow things are meant to return to normal. This really is becoming a test of endurance.
 
Ugh...that's really unfortunate. I'm sorry, LE. :console2:
Does icing help dull the pain and cool you down enough to fall back asleep? :ice:
@Legseleven
 
@Legseleven I am so sorry for all of this! I was just remembering being in UK with my daughter this exact week about 15 years ago an it was a big heat wave. We stayed in a dorm room in Oxford which I thought was clever and fun but heat was almost over riding. I am in Philadelphia and and it will reach 100 degrees here this week! I can't take NSAIDS at all anymore, sadly. But I do remember that count down to get off baby aspirin (30 days) and taking aleve for my neck. In terms of gut- maybe 1/2 an imodium would help reset things a bit? I have IBS and no gallbladder and what you are going thru is a constant part of my life and not a fun way way to lose weight.
 
Thank you @Layla and @Readabook. The combination pf everything is a LOT. After a week of low residue eating the tum appears to be improving (fingers crossed). I eat the same things every day, completely opposite to my normal diet, and it seems to help but I’m really missing fruit and vegetables, and I drink as much as I can.
I’m literally counting down to the end of the thinners, tonight, then wait 24 hrs to start the NSAID.
The ice helps a bit, however it’s very different this time. The two Patellafemoral partial replacements really loved the ice, this new revised full TKR not so much, and the log leg persists too. I’m walking better on the crutches and doing everything right, it’s just patience and time. The external swelling is slowly diminishing, and I always ice after walking or a doing a few little exercises. I’ve graded what I do so I’m keeping moving while regaining my strength. I still want to go home next Saturday so here’s hoping this week brings a massive improvement. At home my bedroom is cooler and I have a water cooled fan. (An aside - AC is not common, and the politician now in charge of energy aims to ban it anyway.) This time the pain on sit to stand is not as bad, it’s the deep bone pain I’m finding so challenging especially in the wee small hours. We are all unique in our experiences. It will get better. All will be well.
Onwards….
 
I water-cooled fan sounds wonderful. I know you are looking forward to that! When do you go home?

I found that icing made me cold, so maybe you can do more of that to help you cool down. Trying to sleep after a TKR is bad enough, but adding a hot room is just awful. I believe the heat wave you have gotten is coming over here this week. I pray that means that it's cooling down over there.
 
Hello and Happy Sunday LE,
Thankfully your tummy seems to be getting better. You're getting closer to the ability to handle the NSAID's, the swelling is going down and you're walking better. Yay for the progress! :happydance:
I hope the log leg begins to ease soon, you're able to add some fruit and veggies to the mix and the addition of the NSAID's brings more relief from the pain. Only six days to go...if you're able to go home on Saturday. I hope you make that goal. :thumb:
@Legseleven
 
Dressing off, wound good, I’ve posted a picture in the relevant thread. Nurse said this is the most painful of all the ops and extremely hard core without morphine, codeine or Tramadol, I heartily agree, especially at 3.30am today.
Roll on 6.15 tonight when I add in Celecoxib to the mix.
Tum much improved. Yay!
Onwards……
 
Good things happening, LE! Hopefully adding an additional pain reliever to the mix has you sleeping well overnight and feeling better overall. Less than a week until you're Home Sweet Home...if all goes according to plan. Hope you're staying cool and having a good day so far. :)
@Legseleven
 
I'm so glad to read that your tummy has improved! Being able to eat is so important in helping the body to heal.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom