Now or Later?

Good luck, @bfp54 !

There was a long stretch of time from when I scheduled until I had the surgery. And, especially as it got closer, a lot of "this doesn't really hurt thaaaat bad" thinking. To be honest, some of that may have been influenced by my fear of how much this would hurt (which was way overstated). But, I knew it was never going to get any better if I didn't do anything and that it would get worse. Mine rarely hurt if I was just sitting there. But, if I tried to get out and walk a couple miles...wasn't happening.

At the end of the day the, 'sitting around but it doesn't hurt + can't get get out and do stuff like go for walks + not going to be able to get mobile again without the surgery" equation kept me on course to get it done.

So glad I had it done and trust that your decision will be what's best for you.
 
Good morning! I was so happy to read this thread. I have scheduled a RTKR for late October. My knee barely aches, after lots of aching during the summer. I stopped water aerobics and long walks, and by the time I saw the surgeon, very little ache. Surgeon confirmed what I though...bone on bone with a bunch of arthritis as well. So I scheduled the surgery, but have been second guessing that decision ever since. I had a replacement 7 years ago, so I knew about this site, and luckily, found the exact thread I needed. I have my seminar tonight...my pre surgery PT session yesterday...and now I will keep the surgery date. Thanks!!
 
Didn't you know that once your knee (s) get wind of forthcoming T K R's they immediately start behaving themselves as I am sure they want to avoid the surgery also, don't fall for that old dodge just say "Nice try
knee (s) " and then quietly ignore them and go ahead full steam with the op..
 
Of course! My surgery is scheduled for October 25. I’m a bit more nervous this time...I think because I know what’s coming. But I’m ready and anxious to start recovering! Trying to do my exercises and getting meals ready, etc. I’ll continue to check this website for encouragement and information.

Also, do I get to be part of the October group? Thanks!
 
Thank you for your full surgery date. :flwrysmile: I've added it to your signature.

You can join the October Feisties by posting your surgery date in the
2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
thread at the top of the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area page and you'll be added to the list.

It's a good idea to get to know your fellow BoneSmarties who will be getting new joints this month. We've found that it helps to have a group of folks who are going through surgery and do it as a team....helping and supporting each other.
 
. Robotic surgery isn't necessary to have this done well, but it s
ounds like you'll be going to an up-to-date hospital which is a good sign. Not too long to wait now. :)​
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom