Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

:wave: You‘re a cheerful hippie! Your positive attitude is admirable given all you've been through. Wishing you comfort and perfect healing this time around.
Thanks for staying in touch, we’ll be following your journey.:)
@Beckford
 
:hi:You have The Best Optimistic attitude of any hard pressed hippy I've seen, and I know it is the continuation of a frustrating attempt to get back to a good place.
I sincerely believe that time and patience added to your optimistic outlook will take you to Healthy and Happy.
Big hugs and healing Mojo travelling virtually your way.:roseshwr:
 
You are amazing. Covid does change some of our choices and how we approach things. You are doing so well with everything that you had done. Recovery is a test of our patience and desire to enjoy life without pain. May your day be a peaceful one. :flwrysmile:
 
:wave:Hope you are feeling better and have a good day today.
A flower for you.:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Beckford: I was wondering how it goes. I know you are post op for your leg lenthening hip surgery. I wanted to ask you how is the hip that has the constraint liner? I am now 2 months post op with my constraint liner and femural head change. I am feeling discouraged, because my progress seems so slow, and for me it is my hip flexors that are problematic. They have become so painful that I stopped my walking program and decided to just do my ADL's for now. I would like to ask you if you also had a sensation of the joint being very tight. It just feels like I am not connected to my hip as I have been with the previous surgeries. I see my surgeon for my post op appointment and x-ray on Thursday. It is so hard to find other patients that have these constraint liners. I am also dealing with fear of dislocation. Sometimes I feel like it is PTSD. Any sharing you could do about your experience so far with the constraint liner would be very much appreciated. I know you are post op for your other hip, so please only respond if you feel up to it. Thank you.
 
Hello @Beckford
Stopping by to say Hi and see how you’re doing one month post op?
I hope all is going well for you and you’re enjoying progress. Please let us know when you have the time. We’re here to cheer you on.
Wishing you all the best! :)
 
Hello @Beckford
Its been so long since we heard from you. I hope you’ve enjoyed steady progress over the past few months. Today marks an anniversary. Happy Three Month Anniversary!
We hope to hear from you soon.
Wishing you only the best in the New Year! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Hi Layla
Sorry I have been distant , I had underestimated the impact of two major surgeries, my anxiety and PTSD has been through the roof, I have been tucked away at home not really feeling like I wanted any contact with the outside world.
Anyway, good news is the left hip was a very smooth surgery with very little pain at all and I recovered quite quickly. I have no pain at all in the hip and my legs are almost the same length.
The right hip continues to be a problem. I am in awful pain that side , the general opinion is that I have trochanteric bursitis. My recent ultrasound showed fluid in the bursa , it’s quite excruciating. I am really fed up because I had hoped to be pain free by now.
I am seeing my consultant on Tuesday and I am hoping he can offer some treatment for this debilitating condition.
Thank you very much for thinking of me . I will let you know how things go on Tuesday.
I have been looking through BS to find patients that have had TB and nobody seems to describe the pain as excruciating! It’s worse than arthritis!
Happy New Year to All
Jane
 
@Beckford Your surgeon should be able to offer you an injection for that TB. Yes it's horrid. But can be eased quite quickly.

Please let us know how your appointment goes.
 
@Beckford I feel your pain, have had an issue with my right hip after replacement that just won't go away. I too was told that I had trochanteric bursitis. Felt/feels like some is using a cheese grater on me.

Definitely tell your consultant that you are interested in an injection, preferably one that has pain med like Lidocaine with it. It may not take it away completely but it's worth a shot just to get some relief.

Not quite sure how things work in your neck of the woods. My Surgeon was pretty much like, um, you probably have bursitis and went on his merry way. Had to go to my primary care physician and request the injection. Seems that some of the Surgeons are only interested in the implant.
 
@Beckford not sure if you've seen this or not, sorry if it's a repeat. Will see what else I can find, I saw some easy stretches that were supposed to help, just not sure where they were. Maybe your consultant can point you in the right direction on stretches.

 
@Beckford found these on an old forum post that one of our staff suggested. Might want to give them a slow and easy try.

STRETCHING EXERCISES
  • Gluteal stretch: Lie on your back with both knees bent. Rest the ankle on your injured side over the knee of your other leg. Grasp the thigh of the leg on the uninjured side and pull toward your chest. You will feel a stretch along the buttocks on the injured side and possibly along the outside of your hip. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
  • Iliotibial band stretch, standing:Cross your uninjured leg in front of the other leg and bend down and reach toward the inside of your back foot. Do not bend your knees. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat 3 times.
  • Iliotibial band stretch, side-leaning:Stand sideways near a wall with your injured side closest to the wall. Place a hand on the wall for support. Cross the leg farther from the wall over the other leg. Keep the foot closest to the wall flat on the floor. Lean your hips into the wall. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
 
I’m sorry you’re struggling so @Beckford Physical pain is enough, but add to that fear and anxiety and it’s an oppressive trifecta. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday, Hoping the consultant has a plan that brings you relief. Please know we’re here for you if you need us. We’ll be a sympathetic ear if you ever need vent, or if you’re looking for some support. Let us know how your Tuesday appointment goes as time allows. :console2:
 
Hello Beckford,
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Lefty! I hope all is still well with your left hip and you’ve found some relief with, Righty, and the Trochanteric Bursitis you’re dealing with. Let us know how you’re doing next time you stop by. We‘d love to hear from you.
Best wishes!
@Beckford
 
Wow. @Beckford, 2 sockets? That sure would make an interesting x-ray! Hang in there. You will do great!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom