Did some outside chores. Wife helped me wash our Fiat and took the blower to the driveway. While wife went shopping I snuck into the garage and set up welding corner. Not quiet ready to weld but frisky enough to get ready. The more I move the better I feel. OK I also feel real tired.
1st outsider came by for advice on pending hip surgery Sept 9th. Glad to give back some. She quilts with wife and has been waiting a long time for relief.
Hi Happyjoe
Isn't it great how quickly we change from Newbie to a supporter? I bet your wife's friend was pleased to talk with you. The waiting time is so, so hard to bear!
I waited 15 years and it almost killed me. Glad to be on the other side now. Doing my best to behave this time so it will be a once in a lifetime event. Sharing and helping others has always been rewarding to the heart.
Hi there.I am 56 and looking at a hip replacement .I just had my knee done in May and was not healing as expected.I went back to the OS and he did an x-Ray and said that it was"end stage"osteoarthritis of the hip.I had thought it was inflammation of the IT band so was fairly surprised .Will be going to an Accupuncturist who works with Prolozone.It appears that in addition to getting pain relief it also gives nutrition and O2 to the bone promoting healing.I am not fooling myself as the acetabulum is flattening and I will probably need my hip replaced but I'd like too put it off a little if I can.I too am in pain all the time.Some of its hip and some is the knee still healing.I work full time so it's challanging.I am 56 not 70 and the pain is annoying and constant and that is the only reason I'm considering the replacement
I too had end stage OA , I thought I had pulled a muscle, didn't even notice the hip deteriating as I had sciatica in the same leg. I don't know anyone who has used the prolozone, so can't comment on that. It will be interesting to know if it works.
I was in that much pain in the end I asked the surgeon to do both hips, as there was no way I was going to have to go through that pain again waiting for the other hip to be operated on. I too work full time and felt that both at same time would mean less time off work in the long run.
but like @Grumpyjoe has said and I agree with, putting up with that type of pain for a long time is not good. So fingers crossed the prolozone works but if it doesn't do consider the hip replacement sooner rather than later. Is the bad hip the same side as your operated knee?
Go slow @Grumpyjoe Sounds like you have been through a lot more than just the hip being replaced. It will all take time to heal. Sounds like you are doing great.
Well I had a day of shopping. Some of you are crazy out there. It almost killed me after one store. No scooters or wheel chairs available and my muscles are toast for the day. It was fun getting out and even driving some. I have been using Tylenol PM to sleep last 3 nights. Really nice finally sleeping 7-9 hours. I now work 5 days at the store but wife is doing all the heavy work. Still cannot lift well but it is easier each time. After all the fighting with the VA it turns out their records are lost, damaged missing or conveniently gone. Not that I care about past ratings and I only want my new rating so I can hunt and shop on bases. I think that is fair after 30 years of nothing.
I read a few more posts. It is hard to remember which I posted on and still no notifications. If I missed your post/ thread I am sorry. Loving the hippie life
Glad to hear you're out and about! It does feel good but I learned yesterday to pace myself better. You're a week ahead of me and I'm anxious! I'm getting no notifications either so I'm just hopping around in here checking on my new hippy friends.
Everyone is different. I am now feeling the pain of doing too much. I need more horizontal time not to sleep but it is the only way I can relax the hip. Half an hour twice a day makes so much difference. I am down to Tylenol in morning and evening only now. I might up it to 8am 2pm 8pm just to avoid that Sciatic pain at night.
Other than the light reading I am still doing great. Tylenol 500 x2 3 times a day now just to keep discomfort at a steady level. I find sitting is uncomfortable on hip or back. I get one or the other upset so I am standing and walking more to prevent pain. Funny but true it feels best standing and walking but the crutches suck.
Hi glad you are doing well, and getting out and about. I wondered how you were doing, I too am not getting any notifications so I will checking in future. Keep well x
Good to see your update!
I am still on the pre op side and when I rest, I am mainly horizontal, standing, sitting, walking is all painful.
Have you been studying up on how to give the best pedicure yet??
Hey @Grumpyjoe
Been following your progress and it seems you are doing quite well. Sorry to hear you are still uncomfortable while sitting. I found a way to sit that eases the back and the hip at the same time. I sit on a pillow in my recliner, without reclining it, with my op side foot resting on the floor and my good side foot/leg resting on a stool/ottoman, with a pillow underneath the leg. This works for me...maybe will work for you as well. I can only sit like that for a couple of hours, though, but it's better than nothing and has proven to be comfortable for me. Might be worth a try. Good luck.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.