upsman
junior member
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2019
- Messages
- 44
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
Lol. Yeah, my PT asked me if I watched a video of a THP. I said no. He said “if you do, you won’t wonder what’s taking so long. They are rough on your body.” I knew that, but I guess I just didn’t REALLY realize the extent.You do realize what was done to was worse than being hit by a truck? The drain on your body from being disassembled, having parts lopped off and pounded in and then reassembly is like a scheduled car wreck.
Sounds like you're about to discover that forcing things won't make it happen faster, it will put you further behind. I brought in all of the paperwork my HR dept gave me including job description and the Human Performance test they required me to perform because I was out for 3 mos. I think my OS is still laughing at what they expected.
I’m not pushing myself too much. I’m scared to hurt myself more and end up taking longer. I never thought I’d say this but I can’t wait to be able to work again.

Fishing seems very doable. Get out there and do more of what you love. It will help you be more patient with the timeline. 