TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

Concern about your husband, glad he is in the hospital where he can get the care he needs. You take care of your self. Praying for a swift recovery.
 
Oh my, sure seems like he has an infection! The red line is a sign something is brewing! Pain would be another sign! Hope they figure it out and can treat him and get him on he mend!

You need to also heal and it’s hard for you not to worry about your husband but you will need to rest when you can!

Please keep us informed as to how your husband is doing! Thinking of you both!
SusieB
 
I am so sorry to hear about your husband's pain and infection. I pray for him and for you. Praise God he's in the hospital.
 
I am so sorry you and your husband are going through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us posted.
 
Texaslady,
Sorry to hear about your husband, sending thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.
I have added your husbands surgery and infection dates to your signature.

Keep us posted on how both of you are doing.
 
he woke up but he was not in his right mind he would talk crazy and see things

Oh,, your poor husband. And poor you! :console2: We went through the crazy and seeing things part with my FIL after his surgery. He also picked up an infection in the hospital (not TKR) and it was a difficult time. I will PM you some more thoughts.

I hope the infection is not in his knee and the treatment will allow him to go home soon. How are you holding up? Taking care of him probably had you on your feet more than usual. If you are staying at the hospital with him and are on an orthopedic floor, tell the nurses you have a knee replacement and ask if they can get you a second recliner to sit in, or some other way to put your legs up. They will understand why you are asking.

Sending prayers for your husband and also for you. :praying:
 
I'm assuming your husband is in a hospital in Houston...right? He should be seeing an infectious disease specialist in addition to an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in revisions. I know you are very worried. I'm going to tag @Josephine and perhaps she can give you some specific medical advice. But assuming he does have an infection, it is something you mustn't fool around with. What treatments are they giving him, since they say they don't know what is causing the infection?
 
This not a complaint about any of my surgeries. This morning I talked about my husband an his dilemma. I am not going into details. He is coming home tomorrow from hospital hopefully. The infection seems to have cleared for now. His TKR was Feb 28-2018 and I had to call an ambulance Monday afternoon to take him back.

I guess I am looking for a shoulder to cry on between my husbands problem, I just got a text from my dearest friend she was cleared of small cell lung then she discovered a lump on shoulder blade it is the same kind of cancer just in her lymph node.

This just has not been my year. I had a RTHR in August 8 2016 and the very next year September 5 2017 I had a left TKR. I am here alone an$ needed to get this off my chest.
:blackcloud:
 
My husband seems much better today they have loaded him up on antibiotic. I just post to the social room I don’t know that is where to go but this has not been a great day my best friend she texted me to tell her biopsy came back as cancer in lymph node she was just told she was clear of small cell lung then they tell her this is the same kind of cancer. As for myself I fell in Wal Mart today sat flat my fanny and could not get up no really good strength in my legs. Could not use my knees nor my hip. Real pickle someone helped me,not just my pride was injured.

:tiredwheel:
 
Oh, @Texaslady , I am so sorry to hear all you and the hubs and your dear friend have been dealing with. And no apologies necessary - sometimes when life starts throwing so much at you, you need to be able to vent and scream and cry and share with friends and people who can so identify with what you have and are dealing with. And then laugh or try to find the humor and the rays of sunshine even in the most mundane. Lifting prayers the hubs' infection has been cleared and that your friends' recurrence can be treating quickly. We are here to support you.:console2:
 
Oh my goodness, sweet lady, when it rains it pours buckets on you. Praise God that you have good news about your husband. Does he have an infection specialist? If not, he needs one. How are you after your fall yesterday? I'm so sorry to hear about the trial your friend is going through. Prayers for all of you!
 
I ageee with Jamie. Make sure your husband sees an ortho who specializes in revisions because chances are he’ll know exactly what he’s looking at. He’ll also need to see an infectious disease dr to analyze and diagnose the infection. I’m glad the antibiotic is helping, but you want to know exactly what the issue is moving forward.
 
@Texaslady
I've moved your post and NightQuilter's response to it from the Four Replacements Club thread in the Social Room and put them into your own thread.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you're feeling better now.

The others are right. Your husband needs to see an orthopaedic surgeon who has dealt with infected knee replacements before, and he also needs an infectious disease doctor on the team treating him.
Did he see his own surgeon while he was in the hospital? If not, his own surgeon also needs to be made aware of what is going on.
 
I'm so glad your husband is better. No need to apologize about the need to just unload on friends. We're always here to listen.
 
Sorry for the delay with a reply butI have been really busy. My husband is home now he is . Apparently the infection was coming from the problem he was having with his urinating they loaded him on antibiotics and I guess they got to it early enough that it cleared,his leg is no longer red and the color of his leg has returned to normal. The hospital did notify his OS and our PCP. He has appointments with both in the next few days. I am glad to have him home and grumpy. This is normal for are it should be with every surgery he has had since 2012 never going’s as planned always some kind of surprise.
My friend sent me a text last night and it is cancer on her lymph nodes, she will begin radiation treatment again, the sad part she is in her mid fifties so young. It kills me to see her having to battle cancer like I his. I watched my poor dear Mother go through the same thing she lost her battle in 2000.
I can’t get over all the wonderful encouraging thoughts from you guys, I really should not be surprised you have always been such help to me with my knee and hip replacements. You are the greatest group of people,even though I get things posted in the wrong place a lot.
:angel:
 
I’m glad things are improving! :console2:
 
So wonderful to hear good news about your husband! Home and grumpy sounds good! So very sorry about your friend, on the other hand. Take care of yourself.
 
I’m glad he’s home and also that his own docs will be taking a look at him.
 
Hello
To everyone I have not been on here in awhile, so I maybe posting in wrong place. A lot is going on with me! I will keep what I would like some fed back on to my TLKR. Where do I start, I don’t now if anyone remembers me I had a difficult time when I had my knee replacement in September of 2017. I am still not pain free in fact it has got worse, of course it is not like the surgery pain. It is a different kind of pain it is mainly in the front of my knee most the time it feels like someone is hammering nails in the front of my knee.
It had got to the point I finally made an appointment with the OS that did my husbands knee. I will be seeing him on the 16th of this month it will be short 3 weeks since the original surgery. Something tells me something is wrong. I can not walk without a pronounced limp.
Thank you I
 
Hope you're wrong. Good luck!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom