Guest viewing is limited

THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to my friend Nohipwndr from the Pre-Op days, I am sorry for briefly hijacking your thread. Hope all is going well and that each day is bringing you better mobility and pain relief.

Let's put the focus back on your recovery!
 
@carolm No worries friend. I'm happy to share with you!

Today is day 13 post op. Feeling steadily better every day. I was able to get outside and walk a bit twice yesterday! A little bit farther each time.
Today I took my first stand up shower and washed my hair since surgery. I've been sitting in a chair up until now. It felt so good. So normal. I continue to ice intermittently. Taking my pain meds but starting to space them out more. IT band pain seems less but still there from time to time.
Wound looks great. They must have put the steri strips on with glue! They don't look like they will ever come off!
 
Haha, I know right? Those bandages are something. Sooo glad you are coming along. Sounds like a good day. A nice shower can put a whole different perspective on things. Good for you. A little better every day is all we can ask for.
 
Today is two weeks post op. Feeling really good today. Out for a nice walk early this morning. Trying not to lean on the walker as much and having some success with that. I'm so ready get back in the car! I know the caveat is I cannot be taking any narcotics. So I am attempting to stop them today. It has actually been almost 24 hours since my last Dilaudid and so far so good. I had quite a bit of pain this morning and decided to try 2 Extra strength Tylenol and amazingly is seems to have done the job! Still have some slight swelling over the right hip but not bad. I think I shall try to take a nap this afternoon. Still get tired easily.
 
You are doing great for 2 weeks post op. I was fortunate that I really didn't need the narcotics but had them easily accessible, just in case. So, if you need them, take them. For most things, I try and get by with Tylenol and not take the narcotics, but they are usually nearby. I can't recall what I had done but remember being told, years ago, stay ahead of the pain. I will be 9 weeks post op tomorrow and am surprised that each week I feel stronger. Hope you have a nice nap!
 
Great report Margo. Yes indeed driving is missed. My post-op is next Wed. And I expect to be released to drive then. At 2 weeks you are doing great! :SUNsmile: Looks like you got the sunshine today. It is raining and gloomy here. If you took a nap, I hope it was a nice one :) later, Cathy
 
17 days post op. Doing great. Took myself to the grocery store for the first time today. That was quite tiring! Walk outside twice a day for 15-20 minutes each time. Practicing standing up straight and walking without limping. Somebody told me better to walk a shorter distance and not limp than walking farther and limping! I guess those muscles have to be retrained. I really have to remember to keep my right shoulder up..
My wound is looking way better today. I've been concerned that maybe it was infected but I don't think that anymore. The redness has gone way down. Still a little soreness in spots. Mild edema still right at the hip.
Working on my stamina next.
 
Sounds like things are going great! Good for you! Are your walks unaided?
 
Ah I remember that trip to the grocery store in my third week! Exciting and exhausting in equal measures!
Glad you are doing well. My physio has constantly reminded me to hold in my core as I walk and over the weeks I have straightened up to a level I haven't been at for quite some time! I think we all probably walked in a strange way pre op and it takes a while to correct but at 8 weeks all my friends have noticed a huge difference! My hip swelling didn't completely go until about 5 weeks and my physio told me it's probably still a little swollen inside but I just can't see it now.
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Sam x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well done you! Great update for only a couple of weeks out. You are doing the right thing - 2 short walks much better for you than one long one at this stage.
Take care,
Diane
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom