Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Ah...I have a TENS. Thank you for the tip!
 
@sistersinhim , when is your dr. appointment? Things haven't been right since your fall :oyvey: I hope it's not a loose implant causing you all this pain. Praying for the best!
 
I am better today since I did nothing yesterday so I haven't called my doctor yet. I'm praying about whether to go back to my original OS or to a new one that's 1 1/2 hours away. If the cement from DePuy that he used was bad, then I can't fault my original OS. I need to find out how many revisions he does. That is very important.
 
I do hope you are having some relief from all the pain. Any update on what the doctors think?
 
@dianehelen I have had no kneecaps since the 90s. When they removed the kneecaps they had to shorten my patella tendons or I never would have been able to straighten my legs. I searched for OS who had done replacements on knees without kneecaps. It took me a few months to find one I felt comfortable with. I'm concerned about my extension because of the shortened tendon. It was fine before the replacement. I ordered a goniometer from Amazon, (is there anywhere else?), so I can check my ROM periodically.
I had a patellectomy on May 17, 2022 after having had a TKR on my right knee on December 10,2021. If you have had a kneecap removal after a TKR, what has your recovery been like?
 
well done you are on the road to recovery (hopefully not on a motorbike) it is all down hill from here
regards
 
Hi nodnerb,
Thanks for spreading some cheer on this thread, it's very thoughtful of you!

Just an FYI - No one has posted on this thread for a few years. The easiest way to know if you're posting on an active thread is to hover / click over the thread starters avatar, in your case, the pink circle with the "N" and when you do you will be able to tell when a member was "Last Seen" on the forum. Let us know if you need a better explanation and we'll be happy to help.

I hope both your shoulder and knees are doing well! :thumb:
@nodnerb135
 
hi
could you please just shift it to where it needs to be
thanks
 
I forgot to post this yesterday, but my knee turned 10 years old yesterday! Man, how time flies! I am so glad I had it done! It's not perfect, but so much better than it was before having the TKR. My OS said I wouldn't be pain-free because of all the previous surgeries I had had on it, (5), and I'm not, but I'm very happy with the outcome.

It took over a year for knee to return to an almost normal stage. Slowing that down was the result of having broken my foot and ankle on the same leg when my TKR was a little less than a year old. I was totally non-weightbearing for 6 weeks, which my new knee hated! Once I got back to walking again, the pain in the new knee calmed down. It wanted to be used!

All of you that are beginning your recovery journey, be patient, it will be worth it in the long run!
 
I am so glad I had it done! It's not perfect, but so much better than it was before having the TKR. My OS said I wouldn't be pain-free because of all the previous surgeries I had had on it, (5), and I'm not, but I'm very happy with the outcome.
It’s so great that even though it’s not perfect, you are happy with the outcome. Here’s to another 10 years! :cheers:
 
Happy Ten Year Anniversary!
A milestone worth celebrating. Wishing you and your knee many more years together. :wink:
@sistersinhim
 
10 years what a milestone so impressed with your openness and help to us all.

Great job . :)
 
Readabook sent me this DM. I thought I'd share my experience with everyone.

Good morning! You commented on my post, and so I read some of your amazing history- then it seemed to end! I was just so curious- did you in fact have loosening? I was worrried for you and I wonder about myself. Joan mentioned the cement shadow.... Did you need a revision? And how did your left foot and bone spur turn out and did your right foot heal? You have a fascinating bunch ox experiences and maybe there is another place where you wrote about it? Sorry for questions!!! Lisa (Readabook)
 
@Readabook, thank you so much for your inquiry, My TKR knee is 10 years old now and is doing great! I have never regretted having it done. I do have some muscle discomfort after doing some new things, but so does the rest of my body! My OS said most of my pain in the TKR is because I need a right hip replacement, not because of the knee. I will put that surgery off for as long as possible.
My right foot is another story. I have severe arthritis in it and can no longer hike:bawl:, my favorite thing! Three different OSs say I need surgery, but the recovery will be awful. I would be non-weight bearing for at least 3 months. Needless to say, I'm trying many different things to keep from having to have this surgery. I'm finding that wearing support socks helps to keep the swelling down, making it less achy. My left foot is doing well, the pain just disappeared!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom