TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

i had a similar, yet temporary issue. the other morning i woke up in bed and stretched both legs to the maximum and beyond, forgetting about my new knee. for all of that day i had an ache in the back of my new knee, more pronounced when walking. the next day it was gone and i'm more careful about stretching. i hope you can figure out what brought this on.
 
[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

about 2 weeks ago I developed a walking pain, with swelling on my tkr knee. It is the back of the knee, areas D RB1 and RB2. It has not gone away in these two weeks and the discomfort increases the more I walk.
Without a doubt this is a Baker's cyst. There are various options in the article. Exercise would not be a safe option for it.
 
Thank you, Josephine. I will research this. It's a first for my knee! I'd just as soon it go away!! Do you have any comment on the hyper-extension?
 
@sistersinhim Wow, a 21 year old kitty!

Our last kitty died at almost 19. She outlived her 3 children! She was a tiny, petite tortoise with lots of attitude! My daughter brought her home as a stray when she was only a few months old. She mellowed into our good buddy as she got older. She ruled the roost and terrorized our daughter’s yellow lab. (the same daughter who brought her home, now grown up with a home and family of her own)
 
@Jockette, these kitties helped me so much in my recovery. I didn't feel like getting up and feeding them, but they depended on me. This was part of my PT. Pets can be so helpful in this by spurring us on! It's nice to be needed, even if it's only by animals!

Booboo, my 21 y.o., is having some problems. Her arthritis is bad and she's had UTI problems recently. But, she can still jump on the bed and sleep with me and she's still eating and drinking. She'll let me know when she's ready to go. I dread that day.
 
Last edited:
Update! I went camping last weekend. Saturday I hiked about 6 miles in the woods and on uneven ground. This is the most I've done since my tkr, not to mention my broken ankle/foot! I did have to wear my ankle brace, but no pain at all after putting it on! That night the back of my new knee hurt, (muscles) and my feet. Other than that, I did well. Patience everyone. You will get back to doing the things you love, too!
 
Glad to hear you enjoyed the camping trip and were able to do the hiking.
 
After all you’ve been through, it’s wonderful to see you enjoying the activities you love!
 
Sounds like a successful trip! I’m trying to gather the courage needed to walk in 31 degree temps that feel like 26. Brrrrr
 
@KarriB, I can walk better in 31 degrees than I can 91 degrees! All I have to do is keep my hands and ears warm! My hair is short, too.

It is so wonderful to be getting back to the things I love to do! That broken ankle and foot had me really mad at God for a while. I was just beginning to really enjoy my new knee and then, bam, I'm laid up again for another 3 months, and kept from my hiking for 6 1/2 months! I feel like I have almost been reborn!
 
I bundled up, layered, hat and gloves on, I walked through the snow flurries. I agree, I’d rather walk in below freezing weather than hot and humid. It wasn’t too bad.
 
When you walk you'll be building up heat in your body anyway! I'm glad you were able to get out in that mess! Right now, it's just raining lightly here, but they said we might get some snow tonight and tomorrow. I bought some capons to make sure I don't slip in it!
 
78 degrees in Dallas Texas today! Can’t wait to get out on that patio to soak in some before the next cold front! [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@steverup, it's 48 here, but beautiful. It's supposed to be 70* Saturday. But, we are really dry. I know you are a praying man, so please ask God to send us the rain we need! It doesn't hurt my new knee anymore, just my old one and my new breaks. But, a nice soaking rain would be worth it!

My new knee isn't painfree, but so much better than it was! I can now do things I haven't been able to do in years! The beginning months were rough, but I can say with a certainty that it was worth it!
 
I hope I can get to a point where I think my partial was worth it. It still seams a long way off.
 
@Jockette, I hope so, too. You have had a rough road, but you are always here encouraging others. Your giving nature is appreciated by many!
 
Thank you. :console2:

You are also very encouraging to us and I love your plug for no PT. I won’t be going there next time!

Merry Christmas!:nativity:
 
@Jockette, I am very experienced with no PT! It hurts my heart to hear all those that give in to the push to overdo and end up in awful pain with more swelling. To me, it's just commonsense. Do you exercise a broken bone, nope, and we had two to them! When I broke my ankle, I wasn't told to exercise it! What about pulling those inside stitches apart in our brand new knee? Why would anyone want to do that?! I could go on and on! My no PT started in 1983, when I had my first knee surgery! :merryx:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom