TKR Glosnana's Recovery

Yup.. Went for two hour ride on boat this morn8ng...came back exhausted.

Wow, I have not been able to do that!

I can do it but it doesn't feel good.

I'm not attempting it too often, don't want to upset my baby knee temperament! I'm beyond grateful for these small steps of normalcy :happydance:

Yay 10 weeks today! I have noticed that when I'm standing my knee is bent as it was for a few months before my new knee. Also I'm not certain if it's that way when I walk. I can lay my leg flat so I know my extension is good. I'm consciously now trying to walk heel to toe in case I wasn't!Is it a sort of 'muscle memory'?

It could be muscle memory.

Can you make a conscious effort to straighten your leg when you're standing and when you walk?

@Celle - yes, when I notice it's happening! I need to be more proactive I suppose in being aware as soon as I'm standing still! I have no problem straightening even though it still feels very tight. I have only very occasional pain in my knee, but an ache in my thigh above my knee when I'm consciously walking heel to toe.

I'm only at 10 days, but constantly amazed at resetting my expectations of this surgery and just going with it...I'm a planner by nature, always got stuff on the go and this feels very weird to just be letting everything drift by.
My biggest plan is when to get dressed, and whether I could maybe walk round the garden

Also having my husband look after shopping, cooking, cleaning, general caring is truly fantastic. Times like these you find out who to rely on and boy has he come up trumps!!!

Looks like the sun is shining here today, pain currently ok (although about to run through exercises ), maybe this is a good day!

Take your time to sleep though, I guess it's the body telling you... rest!

11 weeks today! Everything is as should be I think but I've developed a stinging sensation just above my kneecap around the incision area. It's also a little sore to touch - so I don't! Is this normal?

12 week OS visit today. He asked me to put my foot back as far as possible whilst seated, lifted my leg to a straight position and stated my ROM is good! Not a number mentioned, not that I know what they are anyway. He asked if I went regularly to PT so I explained I stopped because of the discomfort. He had no comment other than I've hit milestones (such as foot over foot downstairs) though I know he's an advocate. My other knee surgery was mentioned but I explained that it delays any travel I might need to take in the near future so hopefully it will behave a while longer. So grateful for his expertise and my new knee :loveshwr:

Congratulations! Your journey is giving me hope. I’m at week 9 and was very discouraged. This site and everyone’s stories are inspiring. Please keep us updated on your progress and the comparison between UK & US.

@Neesie - this site has been a godsend. There's always someone who can relate to those peculiarities of this surgery and life after! I've had my many moments of feeling discouraged but hold firm to the belief that time is the healer. My agenda has nothing to do with this knee!
I know that I'm more informed and aware in preparation for the next surgery and for that I thank all the Bonesmart community.

Spoke too soon yesterday and jinxed the other 'old' knee! It has really played up today, in protest at carrying the baby knee for all these weeks. I'm so frustrated at not only a reminder of the worse pain to come but I'm not emotionally/mentally (marriage problems/no support) or practically prepared to have another TKR right now. I so wanted this knee to hold out for another year so I could be relocated. Perhaps it will settle for a while as the other knee gets stronger - here's to hoping and praying!

@Celle, could you please change my thread title to Glosnana's Recovery...thank you ( energy is returning slowly!)

I've changed your thread title for you. :flwrysmile:

I'm glad to hear that some of your energy is coming back.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom