Guest viewing is limited

TKR Glosnana's Recovery

I wonder if I've overdone things but haven't done anything differently in the last couple of weeks. @Benay it's a bit worrying when you believe healing is well underway and something 'different' shows up!
 
I agree. I posted this on my thread, thought I'd deleted it off yours. Thanks for your response.
 
it's a bit worrying when you believe healing is well underway and something 'different' shows up!
Unfortunately, with this recovery different aches and pains will pop up anywhere around the knee. It's almost like one place gets jealous of the other and wants some attention, too. :loll:
 
@sistersinhim ...thank you so much. Even though recovery may be totally different for the next inevitable TKR, I'll be more prepared for these attention seeking niggles! @Benay isn't this site wonderful for reassurance especially for us newbies in the world of joint surgery? :console2:
 
17 weeks today and I think all is good. Still some stiffness around knee, occasional soreness but all in all I'm so happy not to have bone on bone pain!
My left knee has stopped complaining so loudly too - long may it last.
My sleep pattern has changed dramatically though since surgery - I can't sleep much before 12 -1a.m. and I used to be ready for bed at 10, if not earlier.
Also my appetite has changed - nothing in the way of food excites me!
My health anxiety has lessened significantly though for which I'm so grateful. It was interesting to read someone's post mentioning PTSD pre and post surgery, something that, even as a counselor, I had never considered.
 
@ApricotPie - Patience is the key! I'll be back to 0 weeks sometime in the future with Leftie. Even now there are moments when the surgery feels like yesterday but they're very few and far between thankfully. Hope you have a smooth recovery!
 
So I jinxed it by posting my good progress at 17 weeks! My knee has been feeling numb over all of the front and very tight. It's been 3 days now and I've been icing. I have not done anything different except one flight of stairs on Monday. I am a little concerned!:what:
 
Your knee must not have liked that one flight of stairs. Try the routine of using ice and elevation until it feels better. It must be swelling that's inside your knee.
 
18 weeks tomorrow :) :-) (: My knee has taken all week to feel less stiff and the numbness has lessened. I did stairs yesterday and no problems today and the ice pack can't be tolerated for more than 10 minutes. Maybe I forgot 'up with the good, down with the bad' and I'm being more aware of that!
 
Nearly 5 months! I was hoping to have less to talk about by this time. My knee is still stiff but I'm sure that will lessen with time. I'm now noticing soreness at the top of my scar and around the implant. Of course I keep touching it (bit like a bad tooth) to check if it's still as sore! I have an occasional pain -at the top of my shin today - but nothing severe. I thought the upper layers might have healed first :shrug:
 
Almost 5 months post-op. I had some soreness at the top of my shin and swelling since Wednesday. I have to remind myself that I’m still healing. I have good days and bad days.
 
I would say that it's normal to have soreness in both areas where the stems goes in. I also had the same thing. Sometimes the top would hurt, sometimes the bottom. These knees will hurt in many different places at different times. As long as it's not severe I wouldn't worry about it.
 
Thank you for the reply @sistersinhim It was one of those days when I felt overwhelmed and just so aware of each and every aspect of this knee. Then today happened and the soreness is less along with the stiffness! It will do things its own way that's for certain :good-bad:
 
That's the rollercoaster ride we have talked about!
[Bonesmart.org] Glosnana's Recovery
 
5 months! I'm finding that stairs are messing my knee up completely for days on end. I only do two small flights of stairs once a week up to an apartment. I live on one level so this exercise is infrequent. I can do the stairs foot over foot both up and down but then suffer with increased soreness and double the stiffness. Should I do more stairs or just hold out a while longer? :what:
 
I can do the stairs foot over foot both up and down but then suffer with increased soreness and double the stiffness. Should I do more stairs or just hold out a while longer? :what:
Your knee is reacting like this because it's not ready to do those stairs foot over foot yet. Most of us were able to go up foot over foot long before we could go down that way. I'd wait a while longer. Your knee isn't even halfway through that year of healing yet.
 
I also vote to wait a while longer. :console2:
 
I know this a rollercoaster but I never imagined that I would have the same type of pain in both knees - enough pain to wake me and kept me awake until 5 a.m. I must have upset both knees at the same time but can't fathom what? I've avoided stairs so it's not that! It's a bit scary in the middle of the night :thud: It's better this a.m. thank goodness but now I have to be a detective :what:
 
Back
Top Bottom