Guest viewing is limited

Newbie here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine
thank you for your response, sadley I haven't printed the form yet, will be later, I have decided after reading your comments that I am going to give my gp a call in the morning and try and speak to her about it all, and i had mentioned the 2 main groups i am in esp this one and also the book i got recommended and she had said that she had never heard of any of it xx

I also have no idea how she can sleep at night knowing she is leaving you in all this pain when it could be dealt with so easily. She obviously has no idea.
i also don't know how she copes at night, she doesn't have a clue at all and thinks she needs to go away and do some research herself, this is how i found you ladies and gents here and it's the best thing i have done and knowing i'm not the only one xxxxxxx :thankyou:
 
she had said that she had never heard of any of it xx
So what? That just confirms her intransigent ignorance! I strongly suggest you print off the form and complete it and give it to her (but keep a copy - she sounds like the kind of person who would just screw it up and chuck it in the bin, just out of spite). Seems like you have a battle on your hands to get her to do the right thing.
 
Keep fighting , you deserve to have the best care and advice , which is obvious your GP is not giving you , I'd call it disgraceful and against the Hyppocratic Oath .

As copied and pasted from John Hopkins web site :

Hippocratic Oath (Modern version)
I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.




I have underlined and put in bold some aspects of the oath which your doctor obviously has lost touch with and I don't think they are playing at God , I think that they think they are God .
Good luck with your attempt to get your health sorted out .
 
Josephine
PDH63
i have phoned my gp surgery up this morning to let her know that i have done my reasearch and there are things that can be, sadly i had to leave her a message as couldn't speak to her, fingers crossed she calls me today and lets me know what she says, as i the suspense is annoying now and yes i am ready for a fight with her, i am going to get it sort and will get it sorted, basically she is dyning the fact it needs sorting and if its not actioned it will in time maybe years who knows will end up in a wheel chair and i am not stooping that low, i want to have fun with my kids and family and to be able to do my hobby again which is horse riding xx
 
Time to get the boxing gloves on and be a strong advocate lourees you should not be left in the painful situation you are in.. Be strong, you are strong! :)
 
Good for you! I also had a thought - can you not change your GP? It's so easy to change practices now.
 
hi all

so i spoke to my gp yesterday after her calling me, i think i had just wasted my breath in talking to her, she said she couldn't refer me and that physion needed to refeer me but only if they felt like i needed to be sent, and practically accused me for shouting at her and she also said that she knew the info i told her about but she failed to tell me anything apart from my prospects are physio, injections and the full hip replacement, Grrrrrr!!!

i have phoned physion and also pals at my local hospital now to try and find out where exactly and what exactly is planned and going on, as i am now all confused now!!! :shrug: i just don't know what to do i don't want to live the next years knowing that it will be a full hip replacement i want something done to try and avoid that, xxx
 
Hi lourees! I've just read through your thread. Oh my goodness, it's hard to believe a GP would be so unsympathetic and unhelpful. I agree with Josephine, look into changing your GP. You may need to visit her re your hip after surgery, for follow up & stitches removal, and you don't need that kind of treatment in the early weeks post op, or at any other time really.

I found out about my dysplasia in my late twenties I think, finally having the replacement nearly 8 months ago at 46. The last couple of years things deteriorated quite quickly and for the final year I used an elbow crutch. I much preferred this to the cane, which I also tried. With the cane there were funny looks but no one said anything, but with a crutch people are quite open, even strangers will ask questions. If you do uses one, and it sounds like you definitely need it, get some shoulder exercises to do for strengthening. The shoulder does get quite sore, mine still is but I didn't start any exercises until after surgery. I'm assured it will come right though.

Let us know how you get on, thinking of you!
 
lourees I am so sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. I found out I had dysplasia when I went to a surgeon re OA in my hips. So I am proof they can do lots for dysplasia in adults. I agree with Josephine change your GP. The one you have does not seem to be able to understand what you are going through. Good luck.
 
Josephine

hi all

Thought i should let you know of an update, i am still waiting for physio to call for. And yay!! i have got some forms from a new gp surgery, so they will be filled in today and by friday evening i will have a new gp at a new surgery!!! :) , hopefully my new gp will understand what i am going through x

Elosarabrab
i found out i had osteoarthritis and hip dysplasia when i got sent to see a rhymatologist and she requested x rays and blood tests xx
 
lourees I am pleased you are getting a new GP. I do hope the new one is going to get things moving for you. As Josephine said fill out the form she left you to take to the doctor. It really does show how limited life is when the hip is so painful.
 
lourees I can tell you that you WILL ride again after a THR. I had my RTHR on Aug. 14, and have been riding now for about 3 weeks. I only ride for about 1/2 hour at a time, and I'm only walking, but it feels so good to be back in the saddle.

I've been reading through your thread, and I'm so glad you've decided to find a new GP. Sounds like the one you currently have is an uncaring, ignorant individual. You definately don't need that when you're trying to get BETTER !!

I look forward to updates, and I hope that new GP is understanding and knowledgeable!!!
 
lourees, that's great news about your new GP! Well done, I look forward to hearing how it goes and hope that they are much more understanding.

Awesome news about riding Jojool! I'm still marvelling at walking without pain, and all that allows me to do. I love it!
 
lourees Hi! I just read your posts and wanted to drop in and say that I agree with everyone else....go talk to a surgeon. I had a total hip replacement July 1st and when I woke up in recovery the first thing I told the nurses was that I already felt 100% better! I must tell you that I was completely shocked when I was told that I had a severe dislocation and osteoarthritis! There was no rehab that would have put me back on my feet...ever. I was scared to death and had a serious panic attack a week and a half before my scheduled surgery! I even convinced myself that they mixed up my x-rays!! Now mind you..when I tried to put weight on my right leg I couldn't and there was serious movement and grinding going on! The pain worsened on a daily basis. I was injured at work, causing the severe hip dislocation in the beginning of May. Prior to that point I had no pain. By my surgery date, July 1st, I couldn't walk without sides and needed to be heavily medicated. The surgery saved my life. I know that sounds extreme but I had no quality of life. I slept in a recliner and only walked as far as my bathroom and kitchen. If you find you need the surgery please know that you will be able to enjoy your life again and your family! You are way too young and way too important in your children's lives to be going through it suffering! Every single day of your life counts and you deserve a Dr. who understands how important quality of life is to you and your family and how will do everything possible to restore you to your life! i wish you well and will check in to see how you are doing but just FYI....this is an awesome site and we are all here to support you no matter what your decision! We have been there and without my fellow bonesmartie hippie friends....I don't know where I'd be!! If you end up making this journey....we will be here to cheer you on!:friends: :egypdance:
 
Way to go on the new GP. Well done! The garbage your old GP gave you about there is nothing they can do for adult hip dysplasia is just rubbish. I had THR for exactly that reason. She has no idea what she is talking about. Please let us know how you get on with the new GP. We are all in your corner on this!
 
dear all

thank you for all your support, physio has finally got back to me with reguards in what his plan of action is and that is to aim for better managment relief and for training that he will be working towards.

I have now handed in all my forms at the new gp surgery and can offically make an appointment with the new gp in 7 days time :yay: , i can't wait to make that appointment and see what she has to say and plan some action and hope she understands the effect it is having on me and my family x

I have also decided that on long trips and to help me get about town etc and to take my kids out going to give crutches ago, hubby has found my old ones in the loft that i have had since i was 19yrs old and is going to spray paint them my favorite colour for me :heehee: :heehee:

i have also found these https://www.thegermancrutchcompany....uff-–-anatomic-soft-grip-–-blackberry/2958114 that i quite like bit of an ouch in price for me but i would want to be happy in using them rather than embarressed.

Also those who use crutches and have brought your own have you ever heard of FLEXYFOOT at all and has anyone used them on your crutches etc
 
Hi Louise lourees... Good for you and good luck with the new GP, take the completed form Jo provided it certainly provides a very good snapshot to your medicos about your quality of life etc.. :)
 
is counting down the days till i can book an appt with my new gp and till i go to physio next to see what he is going to do next, can't wait xxx
 
lourees I hope everything goes well with the new GP. I started using walking sticks pre surgery. I got bright pink ones with coloured spots on them. They were a lot more cheerful than the boring metal ones you get usually.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom