New to this site. My journey is just starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys tomorrow is the day. They have called me three times and changed my check in time. Now I have to be at the hospital at 5 am and will be the first one in for the doctor. I told them I like a fresh doctor and they laughed at me. But I am afraid they are going to send me home. Friday night I had an accident. I was putting wood into our wood stove and tripped on the hearth and fell into the fire. I have a couple of burns on my right arm and a scrape on my left knee. The knee they are replacing is untouched and in pristine condition it is the rest of my body that is injured. When the PA called me today to change my check in time I told her what happened and she told me as long as the area they will be working on is uninjured they would go ahead with the surgery. So we will see in the morning what happens. I am scared to death. I just paid all my bills so I don't have to worry about anything for this month. I will check in on the other side asap if they go ahead with the surgery. Please say lots and lots of prayers for me. I love my forum family.
P.S My sister-in-law arrived and all of our dogs are getting along well, so we don't have any problems on the home front and she is settling in and has learned how to feed my chickens.
Roxanne
 
Good luck Roxanne, we will all be thinking of you! Hope all goes better than expected and I will look forward to reading your recovery diary!!
 
Welcome to the sight. We do answer question here. Also try to make you comforable for having the surgrey. Good thing you don't have to wait long. I had a same problem with the tub that you do. I did have some bars on the side so I didn't have a problems. Just take a easy and a day at a time and you will be fine. Please do keep us posted on how you are doing. We care about you. Take care. I see that you are having the replacement tomarrow. Good luck. See you on the other side.
 
Roxanne - i've been thinking about you over the weekend and wishing you a wonderful op and even better recovery. I hope the fire incident has caused any problems.

do take care, lots of luck and very best wishes to you... I look forward to reading your 'on the other side' post and hope that mine will join it very soon!!!

Fernie x:flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Well it is over. I have my brand new knee. My surgery started at 7:30 am and I was in my room by 11:30. We got my pain under control and I have gone to the restroom and Pt. had me walk a lap. I doing so wonderful I hope it continues
I will try to post on the recovering forum when I can get on a computer as this phone is so small. Just wanted let you guys know all is well so far. I am so glad it is over and I can get on with healing. My fall into the fire did not postpone the surgery. Yeaaaaaaaa
Roxanne
 
Hi Roxanne, that is just fantastic news. What an eventful few days you have had. Take it very easy. :sleep:
Hope your burns are not too painful and will heal quickly. Glad the new knee is up and walking already,
take care and well done!:yahoo:
Toothfairy x
:goodpost:
 
Totally agree with Toothfairy Roxanne..well done, great to hear from you...your post is such an encouragement for those of us still pre-op. Rest now and smile you are a winner ... :egypdance: :yay: :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
You're doing beautifully!!

Looking forward to your first post on the recovery side and following your journey through recovery.

Take care of yourself and that brand new knee. We care. [Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
 
Congratulations Roxanne and welcome to the other side!! Delighted all went well and that you are so well-prepared. Hope the burns heal quickly as well! We will all be here as you become more and more mobile!
 
Hi Roxanne, how are you doing? Hope you are getting on well,
Toothfairy x
:kittykiss:
 
Hey Roxanne - hope you are happily at home now and enjoying the process of getting used to that lovely new knee of yours!
 
Hello everyone,
Day 7 and I can still say all is well. I still have some swelling from over doing it on Sat. I can't tell you how right you guys are when you say if you over do it the knee will let you know. Not so much in pain but in swelling. I have kept it iced and elevated and have stayed off it as much as possible. I ice 24/7 except to go to the restroom. Tomorrow I go to PT again and I am sure she will be disappointed at my swelling. I just wanted to let you know that all is well. It has been raining here all week and the days are so dreary. I am doing the bone smarties mantra rest, ice, elevate and take your meds by the clock. Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. I have been thinking of Fernie. Has anyone heard from her? I hope everything went well for her.
 
Overdoing the first week post op is a
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
. Overdoing the second week post op is a
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
. Overdoing the third weekpost op is a
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
. I suppose by now that you know that overdoing is a
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
.


All you should be doing is
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
resting,
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
taking pain meds on a schedule,
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
elevating (toes above nose), and
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
icing, icing, icing. Trips to and from the bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom and gentle stretching and bending is all the exercise you should be getting. You do this and the swelling will slowly, but surely, go down, down, down.


Take care of yourself and that new knee and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] New to this site. My journey is just starting.
 
Hi rjanes , I'm doing ok, I think, I've got a new thread inrecovery now . Catch up soon, do take care. Fx
 
Well I went to PT today and they had me on a bike to warm up. My feet we in the stirrups and I was slowing going back and forth. No pressure to do anything that hurt and I swear the bike had a mind of its own. The pedals took off and did a full rotation. I think I died. I knew it was happening, but could not prevent what was happening. Needless to say the pain was so bad and when I could disengage my feet I was standing head down and crying like a new born baby. The pain was worse than having a baby (I am not kidding). At least I know the joint works. LOL
So now I rest rest rest ice ice ice and elevate elevate and elevate. Oh yes don't forget my meds. Glad to hear you are doing well Fernie I will try to locate your thread.
 
Roxanne I am so sorry to hear about the pain from PT. I hope your therapist was at least understanding and stopped your session to ice and allow you to get home to elevate. I hope you can get comfortable tonight.
 
Geeze Roxanne - someone must have forgotten to clear the prior program before you got on. That makes my knees hurt in sympathy! Feel better.
 
You poor thing, I can only imagine how painful that must be. I start my PT. properly next Thursday. It's funny as only yesterday I was thinking childbirth is actually easier than this and I thought about 9 mths pregnancy and that it will be 9 mths til I'm fully back running around and not thinking knee thoughts.... Yikes, :flwrysmile:

Please take care. X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom