Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pregabalin is commonly prescribed for nerve pain. Has worked well for me to control burning and extreme sensitivity of my knee/scar skin area.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @jaschembra ,
It helps a lot to know everyone has or is going through the same thing. I had better than 90 degree bend in the hosp couple of days after op, but now can't even really get 90 . OS says he knows it goes all the way back, cos he bent it on table.
Hoping it gets better. Leg lifts got better overnight, one day I couldn't raise at all, next day suddenly I could lift fairly easily.
 
It's not at all unusual for your bend to appear to slip back for a while after you come home. I think it's probably because, even though you're not aware of it, you are probably doing a bit more than you did in hospital.

Continue the rest, ice and elevation - and medication on schedule - and your ROM (Range of Movement) will gradually improve again.
 
This recovery is up and down, quite a roller coaster ride. Do as Celle says and the bend will come back as soon as the swelling goes down.
 
Shoot, even now, after extra strenuous activity, my knee gets tight and ROM decreases. After a day of rest, it comes right back to where it was. I'm 8 1/2 months out. This is a long-term healing process with lots of ups and downs. Patience is the key to staying peaceful about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom