Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee for Fancy Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fancypants Mel I know all of those parts of Sydney well. Spent a week or so in the Lakes district back in 1985 - very pretty. Remember walking over a hill and seeing a pub in the valley with a Fosters sign on it - I thought FABBO!!! but the beer was yukky - they make it under license overseas and I didn't know that - big disappointment. None the less I made up for it by undertaking a personal survey of Pommie beers... hic:cheers:

On knee matters how are you going today/night what ever it is where you are - this international time stuff does my head in - LOL. Hope you are resting and winning the pain battle. Take care - Maggie x
 
Know Ulverston v v v well. I used to live and.work in.a place near Grange over Sand. It was Witherslack the school there. It was early.80s. God many.memories

Legin THR Sep 14
 
sounds like there are a few stories behind your comment @Legin .... you can tell me over a pint one day - Maggie x
 
How many years do you have

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Maggie94 ........Slept for long periods last night only waking up for the loo and another pill and going straight back to sleep. Took 10mls Oramorph at 11 and slept till 3. Took a Tramadol and back to slep till 7. Took another and slept till 9!!!!!!!! (A friend of mine whose hubby had a new knee last year said he was on Oramorph for 3 weeks!) I find I get the most relief during the day by taking a Tramadol 50mg every 2 hours if necessary (I've cleared it with 3 separate pharmacists! Maximum 8 pills in 24 hours so if I have them during the night there's less during the day. ) So far so good. Have got a good bend but not straight yet. Can't put any weight on the leg yet. Am being waited on hand and foot....It's great!!
 
ha ha Mel , make the most of being waited on hand and foot.... that does not happen often in life. Milk it - Wait until the waiter(s) are out of the house before you do independent stuff - LOL

On a serious note you are very diligent with noting your pain meds and what when and how much. I agree with cutting back in the day when the "rational" mind can over ride and push thru rather than cutting back at night - night time is for sleeping and if you need drugs to dull the pain to do this - go for it!!

I am surprised that you are not weight bearing on your new knee yet - why is that? I thought they (PTs) got you up and moving almost immediately... have I missed something in the thread?

Any how 9pm here - time to stagger off and hope for a visit from the Sandman at some point - tea and reading before light out, Hope you have a great day - take care - Maggie x
 
@Maggie94 can't put weight on knee as it's agony and sometimes gives way! OS taken xrays and all looks good, thinks it's nerve pain so put me on Gabapentin. Seeing physio tomorrow so see what she says. (10 am here so almost 12 hours difference.....)
 
sorry to hear that are yet to discover the cause of your knee pain - hope you get some answers today:idea:

Let me know what the physio says - cheers Maggie x
 
Sorry you're having such pain with weight bearing. Hopefully the gabapentin will help and slowly but surely it will improve.
 
If it is.nerve pain I feel.for you.as the.pain.isn't normal. I.say.to people think.of.banging funny.bone hard now imagine that pain everystep you take. Makes going.to loo.a.v v painful task

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Physio not worried about pain on side of knee probably where the most wear and tear was? My ROM is 120 (been lucky there) but need to work on straightening my knee. I do all the exercises. ...I'll get there. I still walk with two crutches but starting to potter. Did the stairs on my own today without crutches...(.don't tell my partner - he's out...LOL)
 
Hmmmmmmmmm and if you had tumbled. I would never do.a.thing like that - whistles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well done on the stairs, I think we've all done it, doesn't it feel good, but we can't brag to our partners because we would get told off, that's where BS comes into it's own.
 
I felt very steady and held on to the banisters with both hands. ....the stairs are in three stages turning round to the left if you get me? So only 3 or 4 steps at any one time.....my partner is at his daughter's house minding his grandson for the day and it's snowing heavily so I said to stay put. But I was dying for a cup of tea! !!!! Which is downstairs! ! What's a girl to do? So I made it down and up .( One step at a time like I've done for the past 12 months. Looking forward to doing it normally!!!!) So when he gets home I'll say demurely " I'd like to try it but only if you're there darling".........
 
Hope you are getting your sleep straightened out. I have good nights and bad nights. Sometimes it is better not to let our better halves know what we have been up to when they are not around. Mine has a fit. I did stairs the first day home, just hang onto those banisters and make certain you remember which leg goes up first and which one goes down first on the return. Taking them one at a time for now and you will do fine.
 
My knee was behaving last night, it was the hip that didn't want to cooperate. Having bad bones really sucks.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee for Fancy Pants
@fiberlady I found this cartoon last night but don't know how to make it a bit smaller!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom